User Tag List

Thread: make bricks fall (but theres more to it) - please help

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

make bricks fall (but theres more to it) - please help

exampleImage.jpg

I have a problem i can't seem to logic out - looking at the above image, imagine all the RED bricks (which do not touch each other) are all destroyed at the same time.

I need all the yellow bricks above the red bricks to fall (using the easing object) to the bottom most position.

What I have tried with only partial success: by creating a hidden object at the point where the red bricks used to be, i can make the HORIZONTAL bricks drop down fine, but only if there is one row removed. when i delete the bricks in a vertical stack, I can't seem to make the ones above fall correctly - they are not simply falling one level, but several. I've been fighting this issue for days, and I've gone brain dead on ideas.

Note: I'm NOT using the AGBO - I'm not doing a traditional match 3 game where you swap connected objects...
    also note that other combinations of bricks might be removed, of course

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I would guess it depends pretty much on how you set up your structure,
    but - shouldn't be much more than adding a "gravity" code to your blocks?

See a quick example, "gravity" is first part of the example:

brick_game_test.mfa

just a quick test, didn't make the "check again to destroy blocks after falling occurred" part

(you can change minimum block count required to destroy in the "collision detector" object min_blocks value)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey that's pretty nice! Thanks! I'll see if I can work that in to what i've got...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    glad it was useful,
    be warned if you're willing to use the example:
    I noticed the 2 red bricks on the left side still destroy, even if they should'nt, because there's a minimum-3 bricks setting
    (and they are the only 2-pair to get destroyed, oddly - i.e. there's a 2-pair green that correctly don't get destroyed at start,
    nor other 2-pairs that gets created during game from what I've seen... a bit strange but there must obviously be something I overlooked)

...made it on a rush, would require a little fixing/cleaning, in short

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for pointing that out, but the way my game works, i'm actually doing things quite differently. I'm once again back to trying to use the Advanced Game Board object, but I'm still facing a very painful reality with it. it doesn't play nicely with multiple swapped bricks (Translated: I'm doing something wrong, but I have no idea how to do it right, since there is no example based on my very unique way of moving bricks).

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately I've no experience on the AGBO object so can't be of much help.

I'm posting just because I've noticed previous example was correct, for anyone interested.

I must have just accidentally "duplicated" an extra red brick over another red brick,
    this can't be noticed while playing but that "2" red bricks on the left are actually 3
    >> this is why the engine correctly destroys them

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks again for trying - officially I'm calling this topic closed - i worked out the kinks that have been plaguing me - the AGBO does work, the fault was my own for misunderstanding the grid system - i mistook X, Y as pixel locations rather than array positions.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Tuna,
    Just thought I'd throw this example out to ya if you wanted another idea to work from.

I should mention that the concept for scanning the grid (in the group Scan for Holes) for any empty holes came from Popcorn for a project that I have in the works.

May give you some new ideas

Cheers!
    Attached files Attached files