User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Google App warning SSL certificate validation errors

Forum Moderator

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Google App warning SSL certificate validation errors

My day is just getting better

Anyone else this? I need to update ALL my Google Apps.

Your app(s) listed at the end of this email use an unsafe implementation of the interface X509TrustManager. Specifically, the implementation ignores all SSL certificate validation errors when establishing an HTTPS connection to a remote host, thereby making your app vulnerable to man-in-the-middle attacks. An attacker could read transmitted data (such as login credentials) and even change the data transmitted on the HTTPS connection. If you have more than 20 affected apps in your account, please check the Developer Console for a full list.

To properly handle SSL certificate validation, change your code in the checkServerTrusted method of your custom X509TrustManager interface to raise either CertificateException or IllegalArgumentException whenever the certificate presented by the server does not meet your expectations. For technical questions, you can post to Stack Overflow and use the tags “android-security” and “TrustManager.”

Please address this issue as soon as possible and increment the version number of the upgraded APK. Beginning May 17, 2016, Google Play will block publishing of any new apps or updates containing the unsafe implementation of the interface X509TrustManager.

To confirm you’ve made the correct changes, submit the updated version of your app to the Developer Console and check back after five hours. If the app hasn’t been correctly upgraded, we will display a warning.

While these specific issues may not affect every app with the TrustManager implementation, it’s best not to ignore SSL certificate validation errors. Apps with vulnerabilities that expose users to risk of compromise may be considered dangerous products in violation of the Content Policy and section 4.4 of the Developer Distribution Agreement.

Apps must also comply with the Developer Distribution Agreement and Content Policy. If you feel we have sent this warning in error, contact our policy support team through the Google Play Developer Help Center.

Regards,

The Google Play Team

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Yes Perry,

we are working on this the new GET object is under testing, this is due to a deprecated lib from android that was insecure.
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

... new things are coming ...

Forum Moderator

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok, Thank you.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the same issue and this is scary as hell as it is stated that in early May the apps will be blocked. If so, I'll have troubles with my customers !

I count on you Clickteam !

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the same issue

Thank you for support!!!

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Yesterday a games was uploaded to Google Play Store with the new version of GET and so far there is no complaint from them, also I did upload one for testing and so far no news or complain, so I will wait the day to see if any news came and if so it will be available in a special beta for you to try.
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Super bonne nouvelle merci Fernando en espérant avec la nouvelle version de ne pas avoir de message de google play
    On attend avec impatience la version béta pour mettre à jour nous APP.
    et encore Merci

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So ? Anything new ?

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    a game was uploaded with no error so far, so I will post two beta one with old GET and one with the new GET object.
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok thank you very much =) do you have an idea about the moment this beta is gonna be posted ?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast