User Tag List

Thread: need help with event

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy need help with event

I'm trying to make a game in my game design class and i'm having a few problems.
    i have it so every 5 seconds an enemy will appear, but when I want that enemy to do something, all of them will do it instead of just 1
    1. I need to make an event that will launch an object when the player is in front of the enemy
    2. I need to know how to make some sort of AI (which will be the enemy) that will take random turns at certain points (while still launching an object when the player is in front of them)
    I'm not even sure these are possible as I am very much new at this but I hope you can help me out.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The "pick one of" event might help as a start (it picks 1 of the enemies at random to do the event you want ever time the event is triggered)
    Attached files Attached files

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess that helps but I still don't know what I need to do.
    1) I still need help finding out how to make an event that will test if you are in front of the enemy, I made an event that will test if you are at the same x and y axis but that only works if you are at the exact axis and will trigger the event even when you are behind the enemy
    2) even with the "Pick one of" event it only makes it change the facing direction, as I said before I am still very new at this so I need to know how to make it also keep moving forward
    thanks for the help

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. That should work if you just check if the enemy is on the same Y position as the player, and also to prevent the event firing when behind the player also put in a condition in the event that the players X position need to be greater then the enemies X position.

2. There are several ways to do movement. The most simple one if you only need it to move forward (right I presume) is to always set that enemies position to its current X position + some value (like 3 for example, depending on how fast it should be)