User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: What OpenGL display mode is generaly recommended, and any real differances?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Klick-it did you ever solve this issue or see what was the cause? I am contemplating if I should use OpenGL 2 or 3 in my next game, but your testing scares me.

Also I am still a little confused to if using 2 will make the game not be able to run on some 3 devices? That was the impression I got from Fernandos first post.

"just to mention some device only accept 3.0" - What devices are these?

Btw, how do you check what OpenGL your device has? Can you see it in some settings?

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Almost all devices with android api 18 to above are opengl 3.0, but there is not a list, you need to check.

also please take out all the cyanogenmod devices, that maybe not have opengl 3.0 but they were updated to android api 18 or above (4.3)
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

... new things are coming ...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "also please take out all the cyanogenmod devices, that maybe not have opengl 3.0 but they were updated to android api 18 or above (4.3) "

What do you mean by "take out all the cyanogenmod devices"? That I should exclude them from being able to download the game?

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    hope to be explain well, when I m referring to this, a classic example will be: an original device made for 2.2 maybe will run cyanogenmod 4.3 but again it will not have the hardware for open gl3.0 ( at that time there was not chipset for opengl3.0) and the value taken for statistics is the android version, manufacturer and model which is altered for cyanogenmod.

This data reflects devices running the latest Google Play Store app, which is compatible with Android 2.2 and higher. Each snapshot of data represents all the devices that visited the Google Play Store in the prior 7 days.
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pardon me for jumping in here with a quick question. How are you folks getting your .apk ON your Kindle fire for playtesting?
    Thank You

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am still confused which version is better, all 3 seems to work alright on my test devices, but what is the actual advantage of each when just releasing your app on google play? not caring about any specific device or technology, just all of them as a whole. (all phones and tablets in the general worldwide population)

1.1 compatible with the most devices? 3.0 faster on the newest devices? less potential glitches with 2.0?
    Any extensions which is not compatible with any of the openGL versions?

Can we get any kind of definite answer to which should generally be used the most when releasing a fusion 2.5 game on Google Play?

I have an app with about 500k downloads with the following stats: (current installs by device)
    android 4.4: 33,5%
    android 5.1: 16,33%
    android 6.0: 15.51%
    android 5.0: 14.87%
    (about 18% with 4.0 - 4.3)
    android 2,3,others: <1.4%

Which openGL mode would you choose for this app?
    I could skip compatibility with < 4.0 if it gives a clear advantage on speed/compatibility with 4.1+, but if there is no noticeable difference i would want to be compatible all the way down to 2.3

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    answer should be 2.0, but the runtime have something, that if you set 3.0 in your development, when application start it check the availability of openGL 3.0 if not it decrease to 2.0.

so if you set 3.0 and device have the hardware will run with 3.0, otherwise it will go to 2.0 (this is the natural version from 2.2 until 4.2).
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fernando my friend, there is too much difference about performance?

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    that take max 60 millisecs and is done without the runtime loading, is the first thing when the surface is created.

can you send me a log from your device maybe Is the loading frame, sounds process which is taking more time.

check that the logs should start at this line

07-21 09:16:53.976: I/MMFRuntime(7482): onCreate, runtime version: Fusion 287.0

run until 1st frame is shown.

stop and get the the full log

@paobrasil, it should not is just a decision made
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I use OpenGL 2.0

I tested like 5 devices... 3.0 has the lower FPS count (my game is in 1280x720).
    OpenGL 2.0 - 60fps, while 3.0 = 45-60fps .... The point is I'm seeing frame drop in my counter in some devices even in my galaxy s5 sometimes

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast