User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: What OpenGL display mode is generaly recommended, and any real differances?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question What OpenGL display mode is generaly recommended, and any real differances?

I wonder if there is any OpenGL display mode between 1 to 3 that is generaly recommended and how much of the audiance you are shutting off when increasing the number? Have anyone noticed any performance differances between the different modes etc?

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have used 1... but kinda lags even on good phones... now I use 2]... seems cool.
    (though I have little reports that it does not work on few devices, but maybe it's their phones fault like full memory or didnot restart phone, just nooby things)

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    218 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    you should use 2.0 but you can use 3.0, something that was included if that the device does not have 3.0 it downgrades automatically to 2.0, notice if you still using 1.1 you can not use gradient.

just to mention some device only accept 3.0

always check this link, is updated every month

http://developer.android.com/about/d...rds/index.html

also when you upload an app or game to play store, build using 2.0 and 1.1 and you will see the total number of device that will be able to use it.
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

... new things are coming ...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "you should use 2.0 but you can use 3.0, something that was included if that the device does not have 3.0 it downgrades automatically to 2.0, notice if you still using 1.1 you can not use gradient.

just to mention some device only accept 3.0"

Hm so you actually include more device support by using 3.0?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmm,..interesting. So is it best to use 3.0 Fernando? I never knew what this setting was and always used 1.1. When using 3.0,.if a device uses a lower version, will it downgrade to automatically?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fernando,.can you please clear up the above posts #4 and #5. Not sure if we all should be running 3.0? What is the difference?

I noticed a big difference in performance running 3.0. Much slower and seems some events are behind a second or 2 before they fire.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah it's a bit confusing that you recommend 2.0 when 3.0 supports more devices and most likely has other optimizations? or can the fusion runtime be slower with 3.0?

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    218 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    rephrasing

1. most of the devices are backward compatible so: if you devices is 3.1 runs, 3.0, 2.0 and 1.1, this is true for most phones and tablets. (NVidia console first generation were only 2.0, second generation were 3.0 and backward, latest one are 4.0, vulkan and all downgrade version))

2 In the runtime if you set OpenGL 3.0 will check when start, if the device is capable to run as 3.0, if not will downgrade the request to 2.0
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

... new things are coming ...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can send an example?
    Thank you

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fernando, that being said,...how long does it take to check compatibility and then downgrade?

Like I said, when I set OpenGL to 3.0 there is a lag on events that should fire and don't right away and all other events are much slower. I switch back to 1.1 and the app runs perfect. I have a 2013 Kindle HD 3rd gen, but I can't seem to find what OpenGL it has. I would say it has 2.0? I don't understand why there is a big difference between 1.1 and 3.0 when it comes to speed?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast