User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My app has stopped working on Marshmellow

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My app has stopped working on Marshmellow

Hi All,

I updated to marshmellow on my sony xperia z5 the other day.

I tried to open my app (rain sounds sleep easy) and discovered that it gets stuck on a black screen.

I also noticed in the past week that a lot of people have removed my app from their device!

Although i updated my app a few days ago - with the latest android beta and get object - this issue is happening with a friend using the non beta of 2.5.

Has anyone had issues? This is obviously harming my app and to be honest I am very confused as to why this is happening =(

edit: eventually it says is not responding. Would you like to close it.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some of my old apps work fine on marshmellow, so it would appear there is a reason why i just get a black screen on one app.. i'll do some testings.

edit:

From initial testings, it would appear webview object is causing my app to crash on android..

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Are you building with api 22 you should be ok with 285.1 but all betas are ready to build target 23 and of course this is a deep change made by google, unfortunately we need to follow their lead and update each time there are new api or modifications.

WebView2 Object need several permission now that were not need in previous api

LOCATION; Coarse and Fine
    INTERNET

these 3 permission become dangerous, I recommend to read this

http://developer.android.com/guide/t...rmal-dangerous
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

... new things are coming ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfourtunatly that doesnt fix it. It still comes up with a black screen and crashes..

If i delete the webview it works fine. I tried reinstalling the object but same issue.

I can remove these elements from my app as they are not essential but they do kind of provide the social element of my app.

edit: I've uploaded my app again to my google playstore account without these features but hope to re introduce if i can get working.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello I have the exact same problem as you. My webview object makes my apps crash in the exact same way as yours.

What should we do ?

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    If someone can submit a bug report to the box, Fernando will take a look at the issue when he is back from the GDC show.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A similar bug has already been reported in the bug tracker, but it is notified as "closed".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have stripped my mfa and reported the bug with mfa and apk file. I only have the webview object on the mfa which causes a complete crash on marshmellow.

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fernando View Post
    Are you building with api 22 you should be ok with 285.1 but all betas are ready to build target 23 and of course this is a deep change made by google, unfortunately we need to follow their lead and update each time there are new api or modifications.

WebView2 Object need several permission now that were not need in previous api

LOCATION; Coarse and Fine
    INTERNET

these 3 permission become dangerous, I recommend to read this

http://developer.android.com/guide/t...rmal-dangerous
    i'm building with API 22 and targeting 2.3 / 2.3.1 / 2.3.2.

Even with all those permissions, the app will still crash in the frame with a webview object...

is there a way to fix this? it is crucial for my game.

Thank you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you have the latest version of Fusion ? The beta 285.2 ?

If so, it is possible that the latest webview was not installed I may send it to you tomorrow.

It is also possible that a line in your code isn't working on Android 6. Look for infinite loops, they can make your app crash.

Do you test your app with "release mode" checked ? If so, try to uncheck it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast