User Tag List

Thread: Simple Fade Transition Widget

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)
    Walsall, Staffordshire, United Kingdom (ENGLAND).
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red face Simple Fade Transition Widget

Hey Everyone,

I really like the fade transitions, they provide smooth way of transferring from one scene to another in media without killing the mood. There are plenty of different ways I've seen people make fade transitions, only to find out they don't work on all platforms. Based upon the same method of Clickteam staff member Danny's 'Optimised Fade Transition for all platforms', this widget has very little-to-no impact of performance.
    Using the widgets values and strings, you can change the speed of the fade and the colour (three defaults: White, Red or Black). Everything is handled inside the widget's events, all you need to do tell it when to fade in or out in the frame events using the widget's alterable string: "Fade In or Out" to "In" or "Out".

Transition Template v2.mfa

I hope this time saver makes people's lives a tad' easier and thanks for viewing!

See Danny's original 'Optimised Fade Transition for all platforms' here: http://community.clickteam.com/threads/86845-Optimised-Fade-Transitions-for-all-platforms?highlight=fade

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb Update

Sorry for the double post!

I just wanted to post an update (I can't edit the original post for some reason?). Anyway I updated / altered the "frame change" string events so it requires less frame events. Here's an example of my disclaimer screen with an automatic fade in and a click to fade out after a timer:

Simple but it works

Multi-Platform Simple Fade Transition Widget.mfa

Or alternatively:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...n%20Widget.mfa
    Images attachées Images attachées

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice widget! The built-in fades have issues so I'm sure this will be useful for a lot of people.

One thing, though - Scale X/Y is a scalar value, not pixels. You're setting the X and Y Scale of the widget to "Frame Width", which is 640. This doesn't mean 640px, it means 32 (the object's width) multiplied by 640. Add the active to the debugger and you'll see that the object's size is 20480 x 15360 at runtime. The hotspot is also set to the middle of the image but you're setting its position to 0,0, meaning that 3 quarters of the object is off-screen. It only covers the visible area because it's so huge thanks to the scaling.

Functionally the widget is still cool but you'll want to fix those issues because it would affect performance. You can fix both of them easily by setting the hotspot to top left and changing the X Scale to Frame Width / 32.0.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Update 2 - Fixed size / hotspot & action-point node.

nim

Nice widget! The built-in fades have issues so I'm sure this will be useful for a lot of people.

One thing, though - Scale X/Y is a scalar value, not pixels. You're setting the X and Y Scale of the widget to "Frame Width", which is 640. This doesn't mean 640px, it means 32 (the object's width) multiplied by 640. Add the active to the debugger and you'll see that the object's size is 20480 x 15360 at runtime. The hotspot is also set to the middle of the image but you're setting its position to 0,0, meaning that 3 quarters of the object is off-screen. It only covers the visible area because it's so huge thanks to the scaling.

Functionally the widget is still cool but you'll want to fix those issues because it would affect performance. You can fix both of them easily by setting the hotspot to top left and changing the X Scale to Frame Width / 32.0.

Hey Nim, thanks for the positive response and the suggestions! I had no idea that it was scaled by multiplication, not pixel-dimension! And I completely overlooked the hotspot. I've fixed the scaling issue (/32) and tested it and I've moved the hotspots and action-points to the top-left too, so now those problems should be resolved! I've overwritten the drop-box upload so that links still the same, and here's the newly altered file:

Multi-Platform Simple Fade Transition Widget.mfa

or alternatively:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...n%20Widget.mfa

EDIT: /32 didn't work, I copied it over to my other project and it didn't cover the entire frame. I decided instead to crop each transition colour graphic down to 1 pixel. That way, when it does multiply, it's to a scale of 1, not 32. That should resolve the issue. Sorry for the mess-ups, coding isn't my speciality but I have every faith this works nice and smoothly now. I even included a line (deactivated by default) that outputs the X & Y Scale to alterable value C & D to test it. I've replaced the dropbox and attachment of this post with the correction!

That should be it now, but if you or anyone else has anymore suggestions or feedback I'd love to hear it. Thanks again!

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

Marv
    ​458 TGF to CTF 2.5+ Examples and games
    http://www.castles-of-britain.com/mmf2examples.htm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Marv, I'm not sure what you mean sorry. All of the attachments work fine on my end, but my reccomendation is to download from the post titled "Update 2 - Fixed size / hotspot & action-point node." as that contains the latest version. Have you tried the dropbox link?
    Thanks for the response. If I've missed the point please reply so I can try and help.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi! Just wanna ask, which one should I use?? The v2 or the one where you post the latest one but the file named Multi-Platform Simple Fade Transition Widget.mfa

You really should named your file better.