User Tag List

Thread: Quick question on ' Event Groups' and conditions

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quick question on ' Event Groups' and conditions

Hi fellow clickers,

I got a few questions regarding 'Event Groups' Activate/Deactivate and 'Conditions' that control them! I have done a forum search and searched on google to find some documentation and examples
    of how the 'Event Groups' are controlled or checked. I haven't been able to obtain any clear information that explains exactly how the conditions work within say a larger project/program. Could any of you
    fine clickers out there try and explain this to me in detail so I can get a better understanding of it please? Example screenshot below:

Example1.jpg

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5+ DLC
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check for activation - Does events only if the specified group is not de-activated. This condition can be right-clicked and "negated" to test for the opposite.
    On group activation - This is used inside of groups of events. It does events every time the group it is inside of gets activated.

Every time you de-activate a group, Fusion ceases to read anything inside of it, even other groups regardless of whether they are active. This is very useful for code that contains expensive calculations that you only want read when needed or if there's a big chunk of code that you just don't want running currently. Any group inside of the group you de-activated retains its status as either "Active" or "Inactive", even if it is not read by Fusion because it is inside of an inactive group.

When groups get activated, only the group you activated gets its status changed. Not every group inside of the one you activated is activated as well; they retain the same status they had when the group was last closed.

Nesting groups inside of each other is a common tactic and is effective for organization, if nothing else: nested groups.jpg

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very interesting! Thank's so much for the detailed explanation casleziro. Very much appreciated! I am having a random issue at times when a certain group is run and at times it is not?! I have a game I'm working on that randomly launches a bomb into the level.. And at times it doesn't? I am thinking this is due to that certain group being activated at times and at other times it doesn't activate when it's time for it to be! It's a bug of mine that I need to track down and fix eventually!!

Clicker Fusion 2.5Android Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Speaking of Activating or Deactivating groups, can you check that in the Debugger somehow?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm.. Never thought of that one there. I'll give it a try and see what happens.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a corner case where a child group with a "on group activation" will return true if the parent group goes from inactive to active. It is kind of annoying and the reason I avoid using that condition if possible.

To track group activation just have a condition that always sets a variable to 0 if the group is not active and 1 when it is active.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank's for the good tip! I'll give it a try and see what happens..