User Tag List

Thread: Save level counter issues on a failed level

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Save level counter issues on a failed level

Ok,.this is going to be hard to explain (I think). I have a number of objects that need to be destroyed in every level to advance to the next level.

First level starts with 2 objects. You need to destroy at least one of the objects or both for a "perfect" and to advance to the next level. Each level adds one more object,.so the next level there are 3 objects and you need to destroy at least 2 of them to advance and so on. I have an INI that records your best score or number of objects destroyed and it works great,.... Now here's the bad part. Say I'm on the second level (3 objects),.but I only destroy 1 (it still adds it to my best score even though I only destroyed 1) and the level is a "FAIL" because I didn't destroy at least 2 objects and restarts on that level. How can I not add to my best score if it's a failed level?

I know you are probably saying, what the heck is he talking about!! LOL.

I guess the best solution is just save the level the player is on instead of the number of objects destroyed.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm.. I can't think of a way to do it either without saving which level the player is on first. If you did that you could use that to determine if it saves or not. Hopefully someone has a good idea for you!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you. I know it has me totally baffled of a way to do this.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ended up saving the level the player is on and saving total objects/points also. Worked out better without any crazy math expressions..

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would have suggested only saving when the 'Level complete' condition is reached, glad you found an alternative way