User Tag List

Thread: Chartboost Will Not Display Ad's

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Chartboost Will Not Display Ad's

This is the first time I am using chartboost - and I can't seem to get it to work and I am unsure why. There seems to be bits of broken information around the forum / youtube / tutorial posts about how to make it work so I am trying to see piece it together and I am obviously missing something.

- I have my events in my app
    + Start of frame
    - cache interstitial with location ""

+ On Interstitial located at "" cached
    - show interstitial with location ""

Then I have setup an account on chartboost, and made an app linked to my iOS bundle ID - the game is not yet live.

I then set up a publisher campaign and linked my app to that on chartboost

I know this part is working because it is picking up the installs / stats on the chartboost website

Now in xcode I unpacked the chartboostnew dropbox download I found in one of the forum posts here on clickteam, I added it to the project and selected to copy files over when needed - this got rid of the errors on the app.

I then uploaded this version to iOS and updated my devices on external testing, both on iPad and iPhone.

I then put my chartboost app into test mode.

however - I get no ad's and no sign of any ad's showing when I believe they should be.

What have I missed?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds pretty good, double-check the frameworks are added in xcode? https://answers.chartboost.com/hc/en...st-SDK-for-iOS
    and obviously you have the ios application id and signature on the chartboost extension object?

i would show the ad at a more appropriate time, show the ad after/between levels etc, don't need to use the cached condition, just cache at start of frame and then show it later.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some of that link I don't appear to have in my xcode -

It says -" Add the import header #import <Chartboost/Chartboost.h> to your AppDelegate.m file."

And the rest of it isn't in that AppDelegate.m file - however within the file CExtLoad.m I do have the import for Chartboost.h

It also says at the bottom that on the chartboost website the SDK icon will go green if it successfully detects the SDK - which the app I have added has gone green.

Should I try adding the code in it says to that other file? I Thought the export / extension would have done this for me?

edit: After looking a bit further it seems that this is all in CRunChartBoost.m which I assume is made via the extension?

In addition the ad i set to show at the start of frame on what is effectively a frame between the game and score upload screen - so it occurs when the player dies / beats the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got it to work!

What I had to do was change my events to use the name "Default" not just an empty string

I also put the chartboost events into a group which I activated on the start of frame.

I also added the event
    + When chartboost Closed
    - disable group

I tried to clear the cache but it kept crashing my app, if I don't disable the group then the ad keeps showing up over and over and it can't be closed.

There really needs to be some clear cut documentation for this process - it was a pain to get working!