User Tag List

Thread: Resolution troubles- can't use my desired resolution, game stretches to fit screen

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Resolution troubles- can't use my desired resolution, game stretches to fit screen

Hey guys.

I am making my first game- I'm a noob at Clickteam. It's a lot of fun to use, however one thig has been an issue for me since I began.

The resolution.

Originally I had my game running at 1920x1080. It worked perfectly that way in full screen, however my game is pixelated and it is EXTREMELY difficult to create pixel art at such a high resolution.

I changed the resolution to 640x480, as I know developers have used that resolution for pixelated games in the past.

When I go full screen, however, the image stretches to meet the edges of my screen (my monitor res is 1920x1080). All of my art is stretched and is essentially ruined completely.

Is there any way I could have it run so that when I enter full screen, it scales proportionately to the screen rather than stretches to fit the edges? I am fine with having black bars on the sides of the screen, as long as the art stays proportionally sized.

Alternatively, if anyone recommends completely different resolutions instead of what I am trying to do, I'd appreciate that as well, since scaling up will decrease the quality of the game.

Thanks for any help. I am not sure what to do and I can't progress in development until I fix this.

I should add that I am using the "Start of frame-> set size to full screen" in the frame editor to enter full screen- so maybe that is what is causing the issue here.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is bumping allowed here

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1920x1080

1920 : 3 = 640
    1080 : 3 = 360

So you should go with 640x360

Problem solved.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately that did not work, as the art is still being compressed/shrunk and not proportional to how it was drawn.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you tried the Ultimate Full Screen object?

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't have that object and I can't seem to find a download anywhere online. But yes that sounds like what I am looking for. I want to retain my ratio. Would there be anything else like that or does anyone have a link to it?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)