User Tag List

Thread: Major issue with latest Chartboost object (285.2)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Major issue with latest Chartboost object (285.2)

There seems to be a terrible flaw in the new version of the chartboost object. I have updated two games, and shortly after the eCPM makes a sudden and sharp drop.

The last game updated april16 has over 100.000 daily boot-ups, and it's extremely clear that something is terribly wrong. Within two days the eCPM and click-through rate dropped by over 75%.
    It looks like the updated version earns 0, while the remaining revenue comes from users who haven't updated.

Seems to be a chartboost tracking issue not counting/registering the ad clicks.

Has anyone else noticed a problem with chartboost ecpm after updating with one of the 285.2 beta versions?

edit 1:
    It could be related to this error which already occurred over 50 times, i believe it could be what happens on a click which leaves it unreported:

java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to start activity ComponentInfo{com.my.app/com.chartboost.sdk.CBImpressionActivity}: java.lang.IllegalStateException: The specified child already has a parent. You must call removeView() on the child's parent first.
    at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(A ctivityThread.java:2695)

edit 2:
    i tested clicking the chartboost ad, and my fear was confirmed - nothing happens when i click the ad, i am looking into it full time until i resolve the issue.

edit 3:
    just reverted to old version of chartboost object, works fine.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Bump to this post...
    Hope they would see this, or put a bug report or something

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    284 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    The quantity of impression does not depends on the object, right?

the object works show all impression and video reward sent by them, detect all conditions and expressions?

this error seems to be internal since when I do cache, set delegate and show the ads the rest is on their sdk (6.4), I will check with them to see if they now what could be happening.

Forgot to add during the test everything works so it could be a problem with their server.

================================================== ===============

I retest the object the click are not executed by last sdk and everything seems ok you display everything and all impression are count in the server, not receiving any error like you mentioned above.

================================================== ===============

Seem that this version of SDK; all ads, more apps and video, start paused at creation, made a change for this, please download new version via CEM.
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

... new things are coming ...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can someone confirm if this has been resolved? The version I have of the Chartboost object is the 2.1 version, is that the new version?

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    284 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Yes is the latest version, available from 285.8 or via Extension manager
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

... new things are coming ...