User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Save game with slot

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Save game with slot

Hi
    I want make a save slot game and load as screenshot for an adventure games like this:

I want save it automatically all alterable values and strings and global values and positions. And cross platform too .I know ini method but What is fast solution? Is here any example ?

Thanks for any help

Mehrdad

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would use array object(s), but it's a big task to efficiently store all that data and restore the game state properly.

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think there is an easy or fast way to do what you want to do. Even if you uses the save game object you'll still have to separately code everything you want to save.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2Install Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm trying to afford something like that by using binary files (ini) ! But I really don't know how to do load the alterable values ! At the moment I'm using only global ones !

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Associative Array would be perfect for this. You can store everything and save and load.

Marv
    ​458 TGF to CTF 2.5+ Examples and games
    http://www.castles-of-britain.com/mmf2examples.htm

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are a few examples in the Guides, Tutorials, Examples, Widgets section

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5+ DLC
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An array with Z axis would work perfectly for multiple slots. Each Z axis would be a different slot, with the X and Y axes being the data for the slot.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nivram View Post
    The Associative Array would be perfect for this. You can store everything and save and load.

Marv
    Hey Marv
    Associative Array is only for PC runtime.I want corss platform

I searched forum and found many example that need to input manually for any change in game while I want write one time and use it into the an adventure game .
    Thanks for any suggestion....

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5+ DLC
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're going to have to "input manually" for any method you try. You won't find an object that saves every variable your adventure game might have for you, although that would definitely be convenient!

A standard array is cross platform, fast and simple to use. Make a loop into a sort of function that saves all of your necessary variables to your array. Then you just need to call it whenever you want to save. You'll need to do all the work but only once.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As casleziro says - Array object and loops is the way to go.

I set up a really easy to use save/load system for my action adventure game I'm making, it is working very well for me. Every bit of data that I want to Save or Load (score, health, items collected, player position, enemy position, directions, locked doors, open doors etc.), I store in Global Values. Then whenever I want to save, I call the Save Loop and it loops through each global value and writes it to the array. It's just one event to Save all the data.

When loading the data, it loops through each array cell and populates the global values. Again, just one event to load all of the data.

Once you've set it up, it's very easy to save and load any value you want. Check out the attached example I made.
    Attached files Attached files

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast