User Tag List

Thread: 5 Card Trick - a magic card trick app on Google Play today

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleMac Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up 5 Card Trick - a magic card trick app on Google Play today

Finally got around to converting my iPhone magic app, 5 Card Trick, to Android!

Here's the Google Play store link:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ames.cardtrick

It's a free download with in-app purchase for more tricks, all of them self-working so no skill is required
    Amaze your friends and even yourself!

Available in English, French, German, Spanish and Italian

(Uses my Shake Widget which I made ages ago for iOS in case anyone is interested!)

Feedback and reviews appreciated!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleMac Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, it's over 2 weeks later and according to my Google Dev console statistics I've had zero downloads for this free app!
    This is my first Android app done on my own, so can't help feeling I've missed something somewhere, so people can't see/find it on the Google Play Store.

The iOS version I released a couple of years back gets lots of downloads (well over 30,000 to date) so I doubt it's related to the type or quality of the app - more likely difference in how apps are discovered (keywords on iOS vs description on Android)

I've tried tweaking the description (to add more keywords) and even added a privacy policy in case that's putting people off.

If you'd like to help, see if you can find my app by searching. If you do download it, please let me know on this thread so I can see if the Statistics show it (maybe I'm misunderstanding the Statistics panel in the Google Dev console?)

Thanks in advance!

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperAndroid Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The name of your app starts with a number that makes it difficult to search because few people search number on Google Play, and on the "Card" there are already many apps with that name, and as your have the number 5 in front he goes on organic search.

I have helped you.

Hugs
    Johnny - JRad Games

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Google has quite a *bear* of a problem when it comes to app discovery. Your first few weeks are heavily weighted in the automated suggestions and Lists, and there's no easy way to organize the play store to see brand new things which doesn't help either. Your keywords should be repeated about 5 times, and I'm afraid your title is too generic to really float to the top, especially after your first couple weeks. Google also takes into account the number of bootups and uninstalls in their discoverability algorithm. Basically, unless you hit it in the first couple of weeks, you're sunk. There are comeback stories (Flappy Bird), and occasionally you get some boosts from popular apps that have similar names to yours.

In general, I wouldn't expect iOS numbers on android. Perhaps the audience for something like this has simply moved on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the quick replies! Seems I'll have to rethink. If it's this hard for a free app, I guess releasing paid apps later is going to be even worse?!

johnnydias: I could try renaming it, eg: Five Card Trick - Automatic Magic

Shabadage: I did try reworking the app description a few days ago, repeating a few keywords 5 times - but maybe it's a case of too little too late?!

Thanks again...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update - Changed the name to Five Card Trick - Automagical (since Five Card Trick - Automatic Magic was too long), but didn't make a difference.
    I tried linking Google Analytics to try to get more info, eg Play Store views, but seemed way too many options, so unlinked it and found that Google Play Dev console > User Acquisition > Performance showed Play Store views.
    Today I see that 5 people have downloaded the app the same day I linked Google Analytics - coincidence?
    So maybe it's worth linking Google Analytics from the beginning...

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperAndroid Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Google analytics is not being replaced by Firebase Analytics?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you said that you've released that app on IOS couple of years ago.. well that maybe was easier for apps to get started... nowadays and especially in the Play Store you have thousands of apps with the same concept.. totaly hard to get found to be honest...