User Tag List

Thread: Does anyone have success stories using WINE to run applications on Mac?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone have success stories using WINE to run applications on Mac?

I am desperate to get an application on Mac and am curious who has successfully done so. While I'm still very new to the processes involved, my initial attempts to use WINE have been fruitless. Endless crashes, many extensions flagged as not working and my programs just don't seem to work.

If anyone has info to share, I'd appreciate it a great deal. I'm sure others will make good use of this thread as well.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Are you using Wine or the Wine Bottler?

Clickteam used Wine Bottler to wrap Fusion 2.5 to run under the MAC.
    So far we have a couple hundred people using it in the education sector and the only issue we encountered was a change we needed to do because of a change when Apple released "El Captain"

Myself -- I wrapped a couple games with Wine Bottler and didn't encounter any issues with them.

I think you should try Wine Bottler as it seemed super easy -- I barely read anything and was able to wrap my game so it sounds like your using something different.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What have you tried so far?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've played with both Wine Bottler and Wine Skin. I'll be the first to admit I'm a total rube when it comes to this topic, so I may be having needless complications.

Let me compile the issues I'm having and post them in hopes of determining what's going on. So far, Wine Skin has been reporting many extensions as broken and Wine Bottler just crashes my app after the splash screen.

I do find it encouraging to know hundreds of people have found success with this. I was feeling a bit hopeless.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Make sure your app isn't set to run in Direct 3D or using shaders - Thats about the only thing I can think of.

What you should do first is just wrap a simple pretty much blank app and see if you can get it running.
    Then work up to wrapping a big app.

Can you make a list of extensions your app is using? See if anyone can spot one that might not work with Wine/Wine Bottle very well.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 Mac
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    Are you using Wine or the Wine Bottler?

Clickteam used Wine Bottler to wrap Fusion 2.5 to run under the MAC.
    So far we have a couple hundred people using it in the education sector and the only issue we encountered was a change we needed to do because of a change when Apple released "El Captain"

Myself -- I wrapped a couple games with Wine Bottler and didn't encounter any issues with them.

I think you should try Wine Bottler as it seemed super easy -- I barely read anything and was able to wrap my game so it sounds like your using something different.
    you dont happen to have the full settings you guys used ?
    I've tried it a couple of times and it never really works, it most of the time crashes when i start placing events or want to test the game.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, same here I can make a basic, empty app but things start crashing fast after that, listing every .mfa as crashing.

I haven't had time to start tweaking too much since I have little idea what I'm doing in WINE.