User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Have push notifications been ported?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Have push notifications been ported?

I wonder if push notifications have been ported to iOS and/or Android?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bumping this. If it has not been ported is anyone working on it?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone have any insight into this? And is there no interest in this? I find it very strange that such a basic and major feature have not been ported yet if that is the case? I don't know if I have ever seen a single serious application that does not use notifications to retain its users. Statistics show that push notifications double the retention rate so I don't see many other extension that would be more valuable to have: http://appindex.com/blog/push-notifi...ention-by-180/

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found this one for android.

http://clickstore.clickteam.com/native_notifer

No ios tho.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That seems promising! Have anyone tested this to confirm it works?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have bought and downloaded this extension now, but there is absolutely no documentation so how do you use it and the example looks strange with 13 empty always events? How do you send a notification to come back to your app when the app is not running? I don't understand how that is even possible?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok seems like I actually got it working!

However one other thing I wonder about is how do you change the icon that will show up when the notification arrives on the phone? I either get the default icon with the lightning bolt, or I just get a white square. I have tried to change every icon reference I can find and also used released apps where I know they have their own icon, but I still only get these. Is there some specific place you can change the icon for the notifications?

Also what is the id for? In the object the default id is set to oQoJrcvnCWSIEgUYNKs, but should I keep this or set it to something else?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The id just have to be unique for each app, if you have two different apps with the same id it's going to cause a ton of glitches.
    You can only set notifications to be displayed for a certain time, you can not do genuine push notifications where you would use a server to push a notification when something happens while the app is closed.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks! btw, we really need an extension like this for iOS, any chance you got some time for it? :p

About the way the notifications are sent, as I understand when the app is running you can send a command that it should send a notification in two days at a certain time and tat is when it will send it?

Still no luck figuring out how to change the icon for the push notification thuough. I still only get the generic lightning bolt icon or a white square.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Change the application icon in Fusion if you haven't already, not just the iOS ones.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast