User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Echobyte Heroes: Galactic Battle has a new name!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Echobyte Heroes: Galactic Battle has a new name!

So, anybody remember WAY back when, when I first announced Galactic Battle? And the playable demo?

Well, I've made a LOT of progress since then:

Hopefully I'll be able to get those placeholders replaced soon. Once I'm done with that, I'll probably be letting you guys give this new version a try... hopefully as a download instead of a Flash game this time.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's great to see your game-making skills improving over time HGF!

This is why I love it when people make and maintain development blogs, it's such a great insight!

Hope you continue to keep us posted!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I'm in the process of preparing a playable build soon.

After all, why just talk about what I'm adding to the game when I can let you guys actually try it?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aaaand it's here!: http://happyfroggamesonline.com/wp-c...es-0.1.0.0.zip

Let me know if you run into any issues, I wouldn't be too surprised if I missed something.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To copy the update on my blog:

UPDATE: Fixed an audio bug (and likely broke something in the process, because messing up while fixing bugs is a common sight). New link:
    http://happyfroggamesonline.com/wp-c...s-V0.1.0.1.zip

Oh, and while I'm at it: If the game isn't saving properly, either run it as administrator, or put the game in a location where administrator rights aren't a problem.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    haha, i remember u sent me a link 2 a version of this last year on click converse looks like it's leveled up sumwat. great stuff!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, it has improved a lot since then...

Though I seem to have REALLY broken the online mode in the process of making the second level longer... Will need to look into that.

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    looks well coded !

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've now (mostly) fixed the online mode, so aside from a few minor synchronization issues that STILL haven't been worked out, mainly in regards to enemies that already existed/are in the process of spawning when joining mid-game (which currently is the only time you can join a game... I should probably add in a lobby screen, so that the host of the game can wait until players have actually joined before starting the game), it should work more-or-less correctly now.

New link: http://happyfroggamesonline.com/wp-c...s-V0.1.0.3.zip

If you haven't tried it before, then this is definitely the best version so far, especially if you can set up an LAN game.

(Or, better still, if you can host a server, even a temporary one, then we might be able to play a few rounds together! )

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I know it has been a while since I've posted an update here, but while there isn't a new version of the game out yet, I do have a new screenshot for you:

New lobby screen.png

(Click on the screenshot to enlarge)

Yes, that's right: I've improved the lobby system!

Now you can't just join a game at any time: You can only join it before it has begun. This should fix the synchronization issues that the multiplayer had before, as they were almost exclusively due to players joining a game later on. This also has the added bonus of making things easier to code, since I don't need to account for players doing things such as joining in during a boss battle. Plus, now you can wait until you have several players before starting a game. This will primarily be handy if the game ever gets an official server as opposed to being built entirely on LAN and user-made servers, or if user-made servers start taking off, but it's still a handy thing to have for LAN play to make sure everyone has joined.

Of course, I may wait until I've made a new level before releasing this version, but I also may release it on GameJolt after just waiting on redoing some of the projectile graphics, as that will likely happen first.

That all being said, I think my focus for now is still primarily on Quadratic Attack 3D and 404: Past Not Found, so the waiting period may still be fairly long.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast