User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [Bug?] [GooglePlay] [Error Report] [InAppBillingExtension] NullPointerException

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Bug?] [GooglePlay] [Error Report] [InAppBillingExtension] NullPointerException

Found out some of my users reported this error, looks like inappbilling is failing.
    Why is this happening?

java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke interface method 'android.os.Bundle com.android.vending.billing.IInAppBillingService.g etPurchases(int, java.lang.String, java.lang.String, java.lang.String)' on a null object reference
    at Extensions.InAppControl.queryPurchases(InAppContro l.java:580)
    at Extensions.InAppControl.queryInventory(InAppContro l.java:750)
    at Extensions.InAppControl.queryInventory(InAppContro l.java:728)
    at Extensions.InAppControl$3.run(InAppControl.java:82 4)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:818)

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Please post a bug report and provide me with the link to your game plus this report.
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

... new things are coming ...

Forum Moderator

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From the looks of it, you are requesting a null value "" , but to be sure you need to provide more information.
    I just released another Android with IAP, and did not run into issues.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, this is the condition group I run whenever I want to check for ad removal.
    I don't use variables as params.
    But maybe it has something to do with line 163, I never wanted to use "Every" conditions, but I remember I had to do it this way because of an error.
    Untitled.jpg

Forum Moderator

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why not use "On Group Activation and disable/enable the group.
    or write the value into an ini file. so you just call for the ini on startup and put the value in a global var.
    Now it's checking every second the internet... that's going to spike the data for the consumer and making your program slow at some point.

And I see you are deactivating the group, so Edit the group so it's not active and do an Activate Group "check_no+ads" whereever it needs to be checked.
    so it only runs once.
    Since it's checking every second, the response time might be too long and you get a null value.

Clicker

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember I did it that way, because I wanted to check every time the user starts the app for the purchase, because some people might just hack the app data and remove ads.
    So every time the app starts, it queries the purchases until it gets a response , enables/disables ads and then deactivate the group for good. (Until the app is started again).
    The first time I did this check, it only checked for the purchase one time, on group enable, but some times it would't perform the check, even when I checked "If service is available".

Forum Moderator

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you only need to query once, it will come back with a response.. if you keep asking, you end up never getting a proper response, and the risk that the app get's blocked by Google as well.

Do a Start of Frame . I never had a problem with it.
    What you CAN do is
    If Req Failed then Requery
    so it's not doing it every second.

Clicker

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, you're right, maybe I could try that, Thanks Perry!.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    mm are you sure you land on these events after query the purchase and not before it? , also you keep asking for query every 1 sec and you don't check for any error what happens is there is a delay and you keep asking for a query?
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

... new things are coming ...

Forum Moderator

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bet he is never getting any proper response back, thus randomly he will get an error.

Here is an example on how I do it

And here is the full image: https://www.dropbox.com/s/i8ct988llx...droid.PNG?dl=0

There is a If Failed (not in the Image) but then I just show a message that the transaction failed
    Images attachées Images attachées

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast