User Tag List

Thread: Build with Bitcode in xcode?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Build with Bitcode in xcode?

One thing I have noticed that have changed when exporting an app in xcode now is that there is a button crossed in by default to build in "bitcode". I have no idea what that does though, but it takes a long time to build, while not building with bitcode is instant. Anyone know what it does and if it is recommended to build with bitcode?

Forum Moderator

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I disabled it..
    What it does, is when Apple update their code, it might update your file as well, which can result either working or not working.. so I rather
    compile and check myself..

and at that time, it was failing to upload with Bitcode.. idk if it works now, but I am not using it.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh thanks, that does sound a bit unpredictable if things can change without your notice hmm. I just hope that there will not be changes that makes you need to compile a new version to continue to support things manually.

Forum Moderator

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    idk. but that's whst the description says on the developer page.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    https://developer.apple.com/library/...pThinning.html

from the page above

Bitcode

Bitcode is an intermediate representation of a compiled program. Apps you upload to iTunes Connect that contain bitcode will be compiled and linked on the store. Including bitcode will allow Apple to re-optimize your app binary in the future without the need to submit a new version of your app to the store.
    Xcode hides symbols generated during build time by default, so they are not readable by Apple. Only if you choose to include symbols when uploading your app to iTunes Connect would the symbols be sent to Apple. You must include symbols to receive crash reports from Apple.

or

http://lowlevelbits.org/bitcode-demystified/
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

... new things are coming ...

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm how often do it happens that Apple needs to update their code though? I assume you would get a notice then that you need to update your builds, but I have never got such a message.

Forum Moderator

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really don't know. the Bitcode is new, so who knows what can happen.