User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Question about maximum number of flags.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Android Export ModuleHTML5 Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Question about maximum number of flags and behaviors.

Hey everyone. I remember doing some searching through the forums about the number of flags you can use in a project and it seems the most info I could get was 32. Now, the question I have which didn't seem to be answered directly is, is it 32 flags all together in a frame, or is it 32 flags per object? I've been getting into using flags much more lately on a lot of active objects but before I go much further, i wanted to make sure it's actually 32 per OBJECT, not per FRAME.

EDIT - I guess while I'm thinking about it, can anyone tell me if there is a maximum number of behaviors each individual object can have or is it unlimited?

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My understanding is that you can have 32 flags per object instance (numbered 0 to 31).
    .:::.Joshtek.:::.

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Flags, similar to Alterable Values and Alterable Strings, are inherent to most objects. As such, you get 32 flags per object.

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome. Thanks for answering. Definitely a good answer. Is there any answer yet about the number of behaviors each object is allowed to have?

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone shed some some light on the maximum number of behaviors an object can have? I've looked through the MMF2 technical manual found on castles of britain but found nothing at all referencing behaviors and the maximum number allowed. I would certainly think someone would know this.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Hmmm I don't know but you can have groups and sub groups inside each behavior I think there should be enough space to just do whatever you would need to do. You would then fall under the events editor limit on each of the behavior file.

Never heard of anyone getting close to using up the behaviors.

How many behaviors are you thinking of using on an object?

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your time Jeff. I'm not really sure yet about the number of behaviors I plan on using yet as the object I'm mostly using them on so far is up to 4 behaviors. I'm working on doing a platformer type of game and I just recently found that behaviors are becoming incredibly handy to me and I would like to use them as much as possible. I just get a little nervous not knowing if I'm going to hit a quick limit and don't want to be blindsided is all. I ran into this problem with alterable values back when I first started using fusion and found myself using up my main active objects values super fast. Granted I wasn't very well educated yet and since learned global values are unlimited and a lesson was learned. I just didn't want to find myself jammed again with behaviors in the same way.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I ran into this problem with alterable values back when I first started using fusion and found myself using up my main active objects values super fast.
    Just in case you missed this much pleasing upgrade,
    -or new users reading could be unaware since it's not very self-evident-
    since some time now (build 281.something) alterable values of objects are unlimited
    (but you can only access the usual 26 in the frame editor, all the others by index from the event editor(s))

Don't know if there's a number of behavior limit

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's awesome schrodinger. I honestly didn't know that. Right now I'm on 285.6.

The only thing I was a little confused by and maybe you could explain it a little more for me is you said you can only access the usual 26 in the frame editor and the others by index in the event editor, what do you mean by index from the event editor? I'm sorry if this sounds stupid to ask.

EDIT - Nevermind, I figure dit out searching around. So you basically use the expression editor to set the value of a value that would be higher than 26. I get it now. Awesome. So basically there's no way to actually name the values that go over Alterable Value Z? You just have to keep notes of which value does what?

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice, I didn't know alt values were unlimited now either

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast