User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mass homing shots and enemies

Clicker Fusion 2.5iOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mass homing shots and enemies

I assume this is in the right place.

In my project I'm using various different shot types, some of which I want to be able to home in on enemies should they get within a certain range.

I've tried many different ways to make this work and the best I can do only ever seems to check the shot against the most recently created enemy.

I need a way to compare the distance of each and every shot to each and every enemy, so that the shot doesn't just fly past every enemy to hit the last one and I need it to only start homing in if it is within range.

I already have a way to make the shot turn smoothly but right now I'm just trying to make it target the appropriate enemy.

TheHellICantCrack.jpg

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mass homing shots and enemies

Maybe try grouping your enemies in a qualifier group. Then using compare two general values, use the distance equation to test the missiles distance from the qualifier group within a certain pixel range?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clickteam Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Use a for each loop for this, with the following code:

-> Always
    ---->> For each object of ("Bullet") named "loop"

-> On foreach loop named "loop" for ("Bullet")
    ---->> Set internal flag 0 on
    ---->> MaxDistance to 500
    ---->> TargetFixed to 0
    ---->> For each object of ("Enemy") named "check_distance"
    ---->> Set internal flag 0 off

-> On foreach loop named "check_distance" for ("Enemy")
    -> + Bullet's flag 0 is on
    -> + Bullet's MaxDistance > Sqr( (xBullet-xEnemy) pow 2 + (yBullet-yEnemy) pow 2 )
    ---->> TargetFixed to Enemy Fixed Value
    ---->> Max Distance to Sqr( (xBullet-xEnemy) pow 2 + (yBullet-yEnemy) pow 2 )

-> + Bullet's TargetFixed <> 0
    -> + Compare Bullet's TargetFixed to Enemy's Fixed Value
    ---->> Homing to target code

This code can be slightly altered if you'd like the bullet to home into the first target it encounters (Doesn't change targets)
    The performance of this code depends on the amount of Bullets and Enemies they are on the frame.
    - BartekB, a.k.a Uppernate
    Join the Click Converse Discord! - https://discord.gg/7RNXFrC
    Dungeon Raiders! - Link soon™

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 Mac
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have something like this in my game and actually i just selected that it should Look at the Enemy qualifier, it automatically selects the nearest active object then.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumo View Post
    Maybe try grouping your enemies in a qualifier group. Then using compare two general values, use the distance equation to test the missiles distance from the qualifier group within a certain pixel range?
    Already using qualifiers and I've tried the distance equation, it only checks against the youngest enemy object, this was what i first tried.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BartekB View Post
    Use a for each loop for this, with the following code:

-> Always
    ---->> For each object of ("Bullet") named "loop"

---->> Set internal flag 0 on
    ---->> MaxDistance to 500
    ---->> TargetFixed to 0
    ---->> For each object of ("Enemy") named "check_distance"
    ---->> Set internal flag 0 off

-> On foreach loop named "check_distance" for ("Enemy")
    -> + Bullet's flag 0 is on
    -> + Bullet's MaxDistance > Sqr( (xBullet-xEnemy) pow 2 + (yBullet-yEnemy) pow 2 )
    ---->> TargetFixed to Enemy Fixed Value
    ---->> Max Distance to Sqr( (xBullet-xEnemy) pow 2 + (yBullet-yEnemy) pow 2 )

-> + Bullet's TargetFixed <> 0
    -> + Compare Bullet's TargetFixed to Enemy's Fixed Value
    ---->> Homing to target code

This code can be slightly altered if you'd like the bullet to home into the first target it encounters (Doesn't change targets)
    The performance of this code depends on the amount of Bullets and Enemies they are on the frame.
    and

Similar ideas, both produce the same fault, it only checks against the youngest enemy object

Quote Originally Posted by zip2kx View Post
    I have something like this in my game and actually i just selected that it should Look at the Enemy qualifier, it automatically selects the nearest active object then.
    I need the homing to activate only within a certain range unique to each shot type, nothing in your idea helps at all.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what do you mean youngest enemy? It would be easy to adapt to make the missiles only move towards a target if they're in given a range from the target... besides that... each individual rocket always targets the nearest enemy regardless of what order the enemies were created etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
    what do you mean youngest enemy? It would be easy to adapt to make the missiles only move towards a target if they're in given a range from the target... besides that... each individual rocket always targets the nearest enemy regardless of what order the enemies were created etc.
    Well for some reason I can't figure out it only seems to check against the most recently created enemy, that is the main problem I'm trying to figure out, how to make it check distance and other factors against enemy qualified objects regardless of order.

No matter what I try it only ever seems to run this check against the youngest enemy.
    I don't know why.
    I want to find a way to fix that.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your code in the attached screen won't work because you're not cycling through each target and each missile.. but are you saying the example I posted doesn't work? because it definitely does..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast