User Tag List

Thread: Need some help with Array/Inventory

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need some help with Array/Inventory

Hi guys, I've been experimenting with an array inventory example created by Cootje, but I'm having an issue which I seriously can't figure out. Basically Cootje's example allows you to click within a zone to add values to the array/inventory, this all works fine but if I try to move the inventory(and relevant zone to be clicked in) the "click to add a value" to the array doesn't work. I've uploaded an .MFA to show the problem I'm having, frame1 works as it should, in frame2 I've moved the inventory and the "click in zone" no longer works.

I'd be really grateful if someone could take a look and let me know what I'm doing wrong as I've been stumped on this for a few days and can't figure it out (I'm totally new to arrays so I'm sure I'm missing something obvious), thanks in advance for any help!
    Attached files Attached files

Clickteam Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've made an addition to my Inventory Example, and works by Inventory Actives, not positions like the example you've provided.

Inventory Finding First Place Example.mfa
    - BartekB, a.k.a Uppernate
    Join the Click Converse Discord! - https://discord.gg/7RNXFrC
    Dungeon Raiders! - Link soon™

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks a lot BartekB I appreciate that , I'll definitely take a look at your example and see what I can learn from it, but I'm still confused as to why the initial example I posted doesn't work...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You have to keep track of relative positions to access the correct array cell,
    since the grid was at 0-0 there was no need before (in first frame)
    but now that you moved the grid you have to add your grid offset, when checking for screen coordinates <--> array cell
    i.e.:

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah, that makes perfect sense! Thank you schrodinger, at least I know where I was going wrong now, cheers guys, really appreciate all the help!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Mac

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you for this!!

Quote Originally Posted by BartekB View Post
    I've made an addition to my Inventory Example, and works by Inventory Actives, not positions like the example you've provided.

Inventory Finding First Place Example.mfa
    I've been stuck for such a long time on how to reorganize an array for an inventory, and, FINALLY, I've come across this beautiful example! You are my Oprah.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @BartekB I've not had much luck with making the objects retain their animation state by using position resetting instead of destroy and create, should it be a case of just replacing the destroy and create events?