User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Build 285.8 - Steam message "Allow game launch?"/Steam offline mode not possible

Clicker Install Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by advaith View Post
    I always open Fusion and then click "Open".

I understand why steam added this feature, but I agree they should have some way letting users exclude certain actions (like opening mfas from file explorer) from bringing up the warning.
    This is something steam devs seems to be able to configure (whether to use this warning or not) as I don't have such dialog with other Steam software I'm using, namely RPG Maker VX Ace and Game Character Hub - can easily open files from explorer associated with them, even when both Steam and app is closed (it just launches Steam and then the app in question).

I'd suggest CT devs to ask around on Steamworks forums how to disable this message, because there clearly is a way.

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I confirm I am having the issue with Steam asking if I want to the open the program whenever I double click a MFA file. And worse, like noted here, the dialog shows in the background, so at first I thought CF was broken. The only way to see the dialog is to open the Steam client, and only then I can see the it. Before doing this, all I can see is a "ghosted" outline of a dialog box. I have check the Steam configuration for CF, and there was no option to disable this that I could find.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All people who have the Steam Client and Fusion up to date get this message I suppose. I got the error message the first time after a Steam Client update in January.
    So I would say it's a pure Steam thing, because Clickteam didn't change anything:
    Maybe it's a warning they have added in a recent client update, AFAIK we didn't change anything in the program or in the Steam settings that could cause this.
    This warning system doesn't make any sense for Fusion though. I only knew this from multiplayer games, where you could apply optional launch parameters to change online configuration manually and then you would get this warning.
    I will make a ticket for steam support, maybe they applied it accidently for some reason, but I don't get my hopes up for a satisfying answer here.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This Steam feature has been around for a few months. It's super annoying, but I've just learned to only open MFAs from within Fusion (or drag them in). People (including me) have complained about it on the forums, but it's Valve, so don't get your hopes up about them changing it (or even improving it so that it, at the very least, it actually gives you a foregruond popup or a beep to let you know that something's wrong).

In the words of Jim Sterling, Valve - who once upon a time could do no wrong - have become the "Gold Standard of not giving a #%&!"

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wodjanoi View Post
    All people who have the Steam Client and Fusion up to date get this message I suppose. I got the error message the first time after a Steam Client update in January.
    So I would say it's a pure Steam thing, because Clickteam didn't change anything.
    Except, as I've said before, it doesn't happen for other Steam software I own, namely RPG VX Ace and Game Character Hub. Same PC, same Steam installation. And GCH updated few days ago, adding few resources, which is cool. So it seems that devs have some control over whether this "feature" is used or not.

//edit: For S&Giggles I've made a shortcut to VVVVVV that I have on steam which passes bunch of random parameters to it that would surely trigger the thing and what do you know, no Steam warning. Seems to happen only with clickteam which tells me they've messed something up during steamworks upload.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not just Fusion. Though you might be right that Clickteam could do something on their end to circumvent it.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see. Not a DayZ player so haven't any way of knowing. Though since it only affects selected few, it's definitely possible that CT can do something about it. In worst case, if it's based on appid, they'd need to contact Valve, but that's about it.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really annoy the Steam Support with a long and detailed description of the issue and I got a very short answer:

Hello,
    the developer Clickteam must contact the Steam developer to review the issue.

Yes, you read that right, the choice of words was "The Steam Developer" - How can one be so vague?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there BugBox issue on this?

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wodjanoi, what does that even mean?

Who's "the developer Clickteam"? Is it Clickteam themselves? That seems to make the most sense. But if so, then "the Steam Developer' must mean Valve. Which I doubt it does.

I can't believe that one-line gibberish came from an official help desk staff member.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast