User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Build 285.8 - Steam message "Allow game launch?"/Steam offline mode not possible

Clicker Install Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't believe that one-line gibberish came from an official help desk staff member.
    Oh, I perfectly do believe that. You've obviously never tried to reach actual human employee at Valve. They tend to send such things when their coffee/game time is disturbed by some pesky customer.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello, I have the same issue and I'd appreciate to stay tuned about it.

If you guys have something new, let us know.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it just means you must open the file from within Fusion - already opened. dont just double click the file in explorer

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 MaciOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    and you could open it from File Explorer- just click "OK"

It's not an issue, it's just a poorly implemented feature (poorly implemented because it is hard to see the warning)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know how to deal with this feature, but I don't think it should be meant to be. I want to be notified if this is fixed, as it is said in this thread that Clicjteam has to do the first move.

This is why i posted here, to know when things are gonna change.

Forum Moderator

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleMac Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a Steam issue as far as I know, and was explained several times. After a steam update something got changed in steam.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, I know that, but, in this thread, someone said that he told Steam about the problem and they answered him that Clickteam had to contact them in order to correct it. I just wanted to know if Clickteam already did it, if they plan to do it or if I just have to wait untill a new Steam update.

This is not a huge issue, it isn't blocking in any way, but I just switched from stand alone to Steam and this bothers me. I am not complaining, I just want to know what to expect.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I try to submit even more Steam Support tickets about the issue from now on.
    The "Allow game launch?" warning message came to Fusion in January 2016 after a Steam Client update. In my opinion this warning message is redundant, especially when it comes to thrusted Software products.
    Strangely enough it seems that they applied this warning message only for Fusion project files- Gamemaker, Construct 2 and RPG Maker projects are not affected for example.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I created a bug report on Steam. It cannot be excluded that the warning message "Allow game launch?" is a Steam Client bug which was added unintentionally for Fusion on Steam.
    HERE

It would be helpful to get some more feedback and support from other Clickers, who likes to see a potential fix for the "Allow game launch?" warning message.
    So, you are free to post something there too.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MaciOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's indeed an issue caused by Valve and affects multiple Steam games/applications in the same manner. I don't think Clickteam can do anything about it, since Fusion is a program that can load external files and be opened from them (and it should be).

If security is the reason they added this, best thing Valve could add would be a whitelist checkbox to this message, so that we can add Fusion to it and see the message only once.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast