Thread: Monetization options in Fusion

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Monetization options in Fusion

Hi,

We're a publishing company, and we're going to be publishing a game made with Clickteam Fusion. From what I gather, on iOS, the only (easy) advertisement options are Chartboost for interstitials, and iAd for banners. Is this correct?

This has two big downsides :
    - iAd is shutting down at the end of the month. Two good alternatives are Admob and Facebook Audience Network
    - Chartboost is ok, but it doesn't have the highest ecpm. Unity Ads and Applovin often have much higher ecpm, up to twice as much.

Having no experience with Fusion, I don't know how realistic it is to add other options ourselves. Would anyone be so kind as to offer some insight? Thanks!

BTW, I got started with game development using Easy Amos and then Amos Pro many years ago, which I consider the grandparents of Fusion, and also tried Jamagic when it came out. Good to see Clickteam is still around.

Forum Moderator

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are a few threads about Admob and Leadbolt.
    Check out the section for IOS

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Also -- We do have some SDKs so with a little bit of C++ you could create connections to other advertising modules.
    This object could then also be sold to other users of Fusion in Clickstore so that could help you to recoup the development costs plus allow you to use the ad service of your choice.

From my limited observations it seems games do much better when they are designed with in-app purchases rather then ads
    To earn an substantial income from display ads you would need to have a huge number of installations.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 MaciOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AdMob is available for Android, and I think it will be available for iOS soon.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all the responses. I will look into it further.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    From my limited observations it seems games do much better when they are designed with in-app purchases rather then ads
    To earn an substantial income from display ads you would need to have a huge number of installations.
    You are right that you need a lot of users to make money from ads. But you are wrong (in my experience) about IAP making more money. A lot of users don't spend any money in games (especially on Android).
    But getting users really isn't an issue, we had several millions of users last year. The bulk of our income is from ads, and very little from IAP.
    Of course, there are games that make a lot with IAP too. But you also need a large user base for that, and you need a lot of content to make it work. For games like Clash Of Clans, sure, IAPs are the way to go. For simple highscore chasers, ad networks that provide high ecpm are essential.

Just wanted to clear that up, because I'd hate to see your users make wrong monetisation decisions based on your limited observations

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Your in the industry so you know a lot more about the ad services then I do, my view is limited from what I have seen in our community in regards to ad revenue, in-app revenue and game sales revenue. I am also talking about games that are in the low thousands of installs.

Millions -- Yes ads would work awesome.

That being said -- It would be excellent if more advertising modules where developed for Fusion user so they could choose that if they wish to use.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your in the industry so you know a lot more about the ad services then I do, my view is limited from what I have seen in our community in regards to ad revenue, in-app revenue and game sales revenue. I am also talking about games that are in the low thousands of installs.

Millions -- Yes ads would work awesome.

That being said -- It would be excellent if more advertising modules where developed for Fusion user so they could choose that if they wish to use.
    True, and to clarify, it was not my intention to start an argument, just wanted to offer my perspective, because someone could read your post and think that ads aren't interesting at all.

I personally think the way to go would be to have Heyzap implemented in Fusion. With heyzap, users could add any networks they desire from a large list to the xcode project. Sadly, I am not a C++ coder, so I am not sure if I could achieve this. I would suggest looking into adding it natively... I think it's what buildbox did.
    I know for a fact that you can make great games with Fusion, but if you can't properly monetise them, then that's a bit of a shame.
    Now, Admob and Chartboost aren't bad or anything, I use them too... but having more options available is good.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I will put the bug in the ear of some programmers about Heyzap and see what happens.
    We do always like ideas on what the users need so please keep on telling us about good things to add

Forum Moderator

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also after this weekend a new object will be in the store for Supersonic.
    With that one you can use 8-10 different Ad companies all in 1.. Which is a GREAT addition to Fusion for Everyone!.

http://community.clickteam.com/threads/97431-Is-Chartboost-a-scam?p=695058&viewfull=1#post695058

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also after this weekend a new object will be in the store for Supersonic.
    With that one you can use 8-10 different Ad companies all in 1.. Which is a GREAT addition to Fusion for Everyone!.

http://community.clickteam.com/threa...l=1#post695058
    That is good news. Last I checked, Supersonic only did mediation for rewarded ads though, but that was last year, and they may have added normal interstitials to their mediation too. I'll check it out!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast