User Tag List

Thread: condition: When ANY animation finished....is there a way to do that?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

condition: When ANY animation finished....is there a way to do that?

To my knowledge, you can set a condition "when [a specific] animation is finished", but you can't do "when ANY animation is finished". Is there a way? Maybe someone cleverer than me can think of a workaround?

I want this for certain frequently repeated animated objects (for particle-style effects etc,). To avoid noticeable repetition, I've given these objects several prerendered variations of the same animation, and placed them in different animation frames. When I create the object, I randomly select one of those animations.

I only want the animations to play once and then destroy the object. I could do :
    -when animation 12 stops playing, destroy object
    -when animation 13 stops playing, destroy object
    -when animation 14 stops playing, destroy object

....and so on, but that would get tedious, because I have a lot of such objects. I guess I could just do this once, and group these objects use a qualifier. But if there is a way to just tell Fusion to destroy an object when any animation has stopped playing, that would probably be best.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2Install Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Use different directions to put the animations than use a behavior on the object to destroy it and just copy and paste to each object , it should work !

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could place the variations of the particle effect inside different directions of the same animation.
    You then call the desired variation of particle effect by addressing the direction of animation. So you use a single command 'when animation stopped stops playing, destroy object', to destroy the object by calling the animation, no matter which direction is active.
    The only problem is that you have a max of 32 variation for each animation. If you require more, you have to create new animations (each one with a max of 32 dir).
    Attached files Attached files

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excellent! Thanks guys. Exactly what I needed.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Just for completeness, when one has no way to use other solutions like directions (which I would say is cleanest)
    maybe because already taken
    I add the "bootstrap" way I once remember using:

bootstrap_anim_end.mfa

(the angle change just to show the animation end is being detected)

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh, right. So there IS a way to test for 'any animation has stopped'. I hadn't noticed that "Anim Number" value before.

But how weird that you have to ungreen the green text to get it to work . Thanks schrodinger, that's good to know. I agree that the directions method is cleanest, though it's good to know there's an alternative.