User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which editor(s) do you use?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • I mainly use the Event Editor

26 44.83%
  • I use both, about equally

16 27.59%
  • I mainly use the Event List Editor

16 27.59%
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you prefer Event Editor or Event List Editor?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you prefer Event Editor or Event List Editor?

Just curious

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you prefer Event Editor or Event List Editor?

List editor all the way. Once I started to use it, I couldn't go back to the event editor. It's so much easier seeing the order of the events under the conditions. Personally I like the list order since I can see everything instead of a bunch of checkmarks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm the same. The Event editor was definitely less intimidating when I started out. But now, having to hover over actions one-by-one just to see what's going on feels like a time waster (and ironically, it makes coding harder, since it's harder to grok everything)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Currently I only use the event editor, mainly because, for the longest time, War for Robovania had too many actions in one event, resulting in CF2.5 crashing whenever I opened the event list editor, and I still haven't had time to adjust to the list editor. Whenever I want to edit actions, I just use the action editor by double-clicking on an event.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mainly use the event list editor, yet in certain circumstances the event editor is great for reusing or modifying existing code with a simple drag and drop.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use both equally... I can't imagine only using one or the other.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I almost always use the Event Editor. It's really fast dragging and sliding the green ticks while duplicating instructions from one box to the next. It's much easier for me to get a complete picture of what's going on using the grid system. It's great being able to group objects into folders along the top and being able to select only the objects and events you want to examine while hiding all the events that don't relate to those. I think the event editor is an ingenious and highly intuitive system. I only use the event list editor occasionally to reorder events and search for events.

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Zonacas, what's that screenshot? Is it a mockup, or is it something that exists?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    (^ first one is a mockup Zonacas posted among Fusion3 thread suggestions)

I only use the event list editor

except when:
    -I want to filter objects
    -I want to create objects folders (rarely)
    -I need to copy-paste big groups (event list often fails to)
    -the event list gets stuck not showing first bunch of code lines / groups

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the event list editor is superior in every other way then the event editor. the reasons for it are already noted by others. Even so, the list editor can use some improvemenrs .

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast