User Tag List

Thread: HD video on 320x240 resolution?

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HD video on 320x240 resolution?

Hey guys, my game is at 320x240 resolution and i've recently been in to making 3D models, animations etc. Is there a way to resize the games resolution to 1920x1080 from the original 320x240 just for some cutscene animations?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes,use the Ultimate Fullscreen Object.
    Get it from here-

http://ultimatewalrus.com

Click the toolbox and then fusion.

The example that comes with it will tell you everything you need.

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Retrobolt, but, i've already looked in to the ultimate fullscreen object and didn't have any luck. Maybe i should look a little deeper into the project file.

EDIT: Also, looking a little more at the mfa, it seems to me like i need to make my game default at the HD resolution and then use Ultimate Fullscreen Object to get it down to the normal 320x240 for the game, then trigger an event in the cutscene frames to set the resolutions back to the 1080 set?

EDIT 2 lol: that seemed to do the trick don't know if there is a more "correct" way of doing it but this worked out for me. I created a new global value called "Frame Counter", made a new event that says anything lower or equal to "0" - (ultimate fullscreen object) set width to 320, set height to 240. Just make sure to pick "No" when CF asks if you would like to change the window size to match the resolution lol.

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Necrobump but very necessary lol. I've just found out that this can all be done just by adjusting the frame size and virtual width in the editor. In my case, i have a 1280x720 intro video and title screen in HD, to make this work and play nice with the other frames, i changed the game resolution to the 1280x720 that i needed for the HD frames, then on the standard 320x240 gameplay frames i changed the "size" to 320x240, and adjusted the Virtual Width and Height to what i needed. If this sounds confusing lol, check out this screenshot:

Maybe this is old news to some, but for me it was very confusing and hopefully i wasn't alone and this helped someone as well lol.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So you change the virtual width and height to your video's size so it'll play well then you change it back to the size people will play your game at.

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty much, you basically just adjust the virtual width to whatever you need the actual frame size to be, then just adjust the "size" at the top of the window to the resolution you need. I have a cutscene at 720p so it's frame is at 1280x720, but the game itself is zoomed in to 320x240 so i just made the game resolution to 1280x720, then i can adjust the size to 320x240 on a frame to frame basis. That easy lol.