User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: NO WAY!!! The Game Center App is Dead in iOS 10

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am in the finishing stages of my new app that I have put in Game Center in. Does this mean I should remove it? Also sorry if this is a stupid question, but have iOS 10 been released yet? I seem to have iOS 9 something and Game Center still work when I test the app

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    iOS 10 is in beta. And no, you shouldn't remove it. the functionality will still work. But the app to directly access Game Center will be gone in iOS 10. You can still bring up leaderboards and achievements in your app through events.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good news Mobichan!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mobichan View Post
    iOS 10 is in beta. And no, you shouldn't remove it. the functionality will still work. But the app to directly access Game Center will be gone in iOS 10. You can still bring up leaderboards and achievements in your app through events.
    Oh!. But then I don't see this as being any negative news at all? Or what was all the outcry about?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Exactly. I think Tuna is upset because he is using it for multiplayer matching and not simply to track scores and achievements. That might pose more of a challenge, since the new way to send friend requests is not through the GC app. I am still not clear on whether the original GC widget that appears currently will be available or if it will need to be hand coded in the future. But Apple claims old apps will just keep working the way they always have.

Forum Moderator

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like I had said, that they killed the "app" on your screen.. Things are still running in the background see the 2nd post
    (http://community.clickteam.com/threads/97591-NO-WAY!!!-The-Game-Center-App-is-Dead-in-iOS-10?p=695538&viewfull=1#post695538)

But yes, some things are changing, and no idea how that's going to turn out.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mobichan View Post
    But Apple claims old apps will just keep working the way they always have.
    I am making a new app though so it is not something that is already on the store.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The assumption is that all the existing calls in code will continue to work. We won't know for sure until iOS10 is officially released. So just pretend like everything is the same and you should be fine.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 MaciOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We won't know for sure until iOS10 is officially released
    What do you mean?

Forum Moderator

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Game Center App will be gone.
    The old Game center elements are still going to be there.
    Game/Friend Requests is all going to change, and some new online score elements, along some cloud things i believe.

If you go into you Game Developer Account from Apple, you can get the IOS 10 Beta.. or you can read the forum, and all the changes there as well.
    I personally don't have IOS 10 beta installed, although I could on my Itouch, but don't want to run the risk that things are not working.. For testing the Apps I guess it's a good thing.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast