User Tag List

Thread: HD image on low resolution game??

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation HD image on low resolution game??

Alright, hello again my friends.

I'm developing a game using a app size 320x180, cause this is a retro pixel game. Everything it's ok, running on android or PC...

BUT..there is a big problem that I dont have a idea how to solve.
    This game it's a platform game, and there is a moment when the player interact with a NPC like rpg game...and start a conversation. In this conversation, I created some player and NPC art profile to put behind the text of the chat.

Well....this arts cant have the native size of the app, because it's too low resolution, then I made with a vertical size of 720.

Friends, please help me, how I will insert this HD image in my low resolution game????? If I just import in active, this art will be TOOOOOO BIG for my app.

I really dont have a idea how to solve this. Please help me.

Best regards!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm guessing scaling down the art in question is not an option?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah but how I will scale down exactly of the size of the screen?

I've tried to get app size using Window Control Object and I can get the resolution size, but how I will convert this to scale?

For example:

320x180 app size.
    Active (my image) with 720x720 size.

When I run my app, now it is on 1920x1080 full screen, and my Active image it's GIGANT.....how I will know the scale to fit exactly on 1080 height?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really dont know how fusion handle with this...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not quite sure I follow, but you can't display image higher than your development resolution. Instead make your NPC art profile in 320x180 so it will fill the screen (if this is what you're after).
    Then the image will scale with the game if you go to fullscreen for example. If you want to maintain the quality you need to develop using 720p or higher and downscale from there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thak you Friend!

Yeah, but if I us art with 320x180 it will be pixelated.
    And, if I develop using 720p it will not be pixel art 16bits like I'm developing...and the game will be more "heavy" in hardware and software requirements.

Best regards

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, you could PROBABLY use sub-apps for something like that, but just keep in mind that having an HD image in an otherwise 16-bit game might look a bit odd, unless you consistently use HD images for the same purpose for all dialogue images.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator ProUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If there was an extension like view port which worked with android you could design in 720p and use the view port extension to magnify the view so that it appears scaled up by 4. That would give you the pixelated look and display a 720p image fine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by happygreenfrog View Post
    So, you could PROBABLY use sub-apps for something like that, but just keep in mind that having an HD image in an otherwise 16-bit game might look a bit odd, unless you consistently use HD images for the same purpose for all dialogue images.
    Thats a good option...I will try here. Thank you very much friend.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @danworth

this option it's not viable to me..the project its too advanced to do this..

Thank you.