User Tag List

Thread: Gamepad mapping with Android object!

Clicker Fusion 2.5Android Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gamepad mapping with Android object!

Figuring something cool out with the Android object using a media remote.

Thanks to Fernando, I've discovered that the direction buttons can be triggered by entering values 18-21 in the 'read state' condition with Android Object.

'Enter' AKA key 23 works as gamepad button 'A', and 'Back' could be used for button 'B'. Also, '<<' on media remote is basically L1 and '>>' is R1.

In the event editor, you can use 'read state' with the Android object and then enter the number values I've mentioned above, it then reads it like a gamepad.

I'm hoping that buttons 'X' and 'Y' can be accessed by number values; can any Clickers tell me which numbers?

It would be neat to have 'X' as attack and 'A' to jump.

Otherwise I'll have to take the laborious route of raising the number one at a time and building over and over until I find them! :P
    Images attachées Images attachées

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Doki,

I have made a button tester which uses keyboard prompts and Ouya object, link below

https://www.dropbox.com/s/io3tdvfqfp...droid.mfa?dl=0

Clicker Fusion 2.5Android Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, dude.

I had a quick look this morning and it looks like this will help lots!

Since using the Android object I've been able to get input from Fire TV and Xperia Play controllers, as well as Forge: it looks like one version fits all, too!

It's a bit tricky in standard version but apparently you can use the built-in object movements with the Developer version, (eg: 8 directions) which would make things a lot easier.

Off topic I suppose, but how are you finding the Forge?

Waiting for external storage is really frustrating but it'll be a beast when it gets Android M! Just glad I can still use the OUYA.

Sadly, it looks like most people giving up on it after the failed promises (PC streaming) and waiting over a year to catch up with other Android TVs.

I do like the ease of publishing though. (When it works!) Glad they kept that from the OUYA days.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    The FireTv console use its own lib for performance.
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

... new things are coming ...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by doki View Post
    Thanks, dude.

I had a quick look this morning and it looks like this will help lots!

Since using the Android object I've been able to get input from Fire TV and Xperia Play controllers, as well as Forge: it looks like one version fits all, too!

It's a bit tricky in standard version but apparently you can use the built-in object movements with the Developer version, (eg: 8 directions) which would make things a lot easier.

Off topic I suppose, but how are you finding the Forge?

Waiting for external storage is really frustrating but it'll be a beast when it gets Android M! Just glad I can still use the OUYA.

Sadly, it looks like most people giving up on it after the failed promises (PC streaming) and waiting over a year to catch up with other Android TVs.

I do like the ease of publishing though. (When it works!) Glad they kept that from the OUYA days.
    Glad that helps, on most consoles the buttons always correspond to some sort of keyboard key. Even the FireTV had one in common, think it was backspace though which was rather odd.

I personally think the Forge is rubbish, it has some great power, but its always on thing annoys me, equally the controller is very prone to interference, it slows down often as it keeps leaving apps on even when I disabled that on Dev Options.

The Ouya object doesn't work the same regarding directions so not enjoying that too much, basically if Ouya would have come out again with more power it would have been far better.