User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 8-bit SMB1 Learning Project (Open Source)

Clicker Fusion 2.5Android Export ModuleHTML5 Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mario All-Stars Example SMB1 (Open Source Project)

Hey folks! I wanted to go ahead and show people what I've been working on for a while now and maybe other people could find some ideas in it. This is strictly a learning project and I have no intentions of making an actual fan game from it. Since I started working with fusion and game making about 8 months ago, this is pretty well what I taught myself with. Of course I've scrapped this and restarted things quite a few times, but it's all finally building up to something descent I think.

Please keep in mind this is still in a completely unfinished state meaning lots of features aren't even implemented and some things that are are half working, which you will see if you decide to give it a shot.

I'm hoping to update this over time and upload when I get more things added in.

Here's some details and features I've got in already. The project makes a lot of use of the Platform Movement Object. You will also need ForEach object extension and the Window Control Extension.

Things pretty well working so far are:

• Slopes (WIP)
    • Sliding on slopes either up slopes or down slopes as well as breaking out of slopes.
    • Powerups: Super Mario and Fire Mario as well as Invincibility
    • Coin blocks and Multicoin blocks.
    • Breakable and bumpable blocks.
    • 1-UPs
    • Spring boards.
    • Horizontal and Vertical platforms with gradual direction shifting.
    • Vines from boxes
    • Goombas now only become active when Mario comes in range, and ones not killed will respawn back at their original locations.
    • Functional Flagpole with bonus point zones
    • Timer, Coin Counter and Score Counter
    • Leftover time at end of level now gets added to points as bonus with leftover time counting down and adding 500 points each cycle.
    • Functional Pirhana plants that go up and down pipes as well as become active when Mario goes so far away from pipes.
    • Bonus powerup mushroom from multi-coin blocks if player gets 10+ coins from the box before the box runs out.
    • Infinite rising and lowering elevators.

Current Download Link:

Download From MediaFire

Current Video Preview:

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Updated first post with new video and ZIP file containing the MFA and documentation for the project.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Itsa Brrrilliant!!! Awesome work dude, & thanx 4 sharing. looks like there's lot's i can learn from this example

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're quite welcome and thanks for the feedback. Glad it might be of some use to someone. It's far from finished, but little at a time.

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a little video update of some functional new stuff.

- Pipe warping. Either to a new frame or pipe to pipe in the same frame.
    - Point combo system when stomping multiple enemies in a row without touching ground.
    - Bonus power-up mushroom from multi-coin blocks if you get 10 or more from the block before it runs out.

Points and player status are now stored as global values since I quickly realized values don't carry from one frame to the next unless they are stored as global values.

I still have a few things I want to add in and tidy up before I upload the .mfa file, but I just thought if anyone was interested in this project, I'd at least show the progress so far.

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    decided to go back and convert the whole project over to Mario All-Stars instead of the 8bit. Lots of serious work has been put into this so far and I'm actually really proud of myself that most of this works. Just all the more reasons I love Fusion .

Flag pole finally works with proper bonus points depending on where you land on the pole. Also bonus points work for additional time on the clock. Still need to work out fireworks and the extra flags that pop up on the castle. Anyhow, just wanted to show you guys what I've got done and hopefully the next time I come back I can get the project file uploaded if anyone's interested.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator ProUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks really good. Will it have the ability for developers to specify NES or SNES engine like mario maker? That would be a nice touch. Or even the ability to switch between them on the fly.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Exciting man, lots of hard work i see Thank you for your effort

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    funny how the graphics can completely change the feel of it. really nice work, cud fool me into thinking it was the real thing. & always interested in the project file if ur up for sharing really really impressive!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cool, nice work

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast