User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Adding new app in iTunes Connect, tvOS?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Adding new app in iTunes Connect, tvOS?

I noticed that when you want to add a new app in iTunes Connect now you get a new option to cross in what platforms you want, you can choose "iOS" and/or "tvOS". (I guess tvOS is apple tv?)
    Now my question is, can you choose one or the other and than later change this, or will you be "stuck" with your choice and will that have any ramifications? And is there any support in fusion for tvOS, or will there be? Or should I just leave that?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...-27_095051.png

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 MaciOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just chose iOS and got it to work.

P.S. Yes tvOS is for the fourth gen Apple TV.

Forum Moderator

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No you cannot change it later on. You need to create a new Entry.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So should I add tvOS? I mean is there any downside to adding it even if you would not end up using it?
    (And does Fusion support tvOS?)

Forum Moderator

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No idea, aren't the controls etc the same? I never tried it, since i don't have tvOS. (Thought it was more like a streaming device)

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm I don't know either :S Anyone can shine any light on this? And if there is any extra steps you have to jump over during development?

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 MaciOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the 4th Apple TV, it does have an appstore, and a remote with a touchscreen.

It's supposed to be really easy to convert an iOS game to a Apple TV game, but fusion currently does not support tvOS.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Advaith. To bad it is not supported, but anyone know if there is any downside to crossing it in anyway? (in case it would be ported). Since Perry said that you cant change it later on.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    When you want to add a new version of your app, you can choose for which platform (iOS, tvOS). So it doesn't really matter if you check both platforms or not at the stage of creating your app record. And I think that Apple won't really mind if you opt for a platform and never actually submit anything.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Oliver. In case it would be possible to port it o the tvOS I assume I would need to submit a new update (is that what you mean by version?) anyway.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast