User Tag List

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Build 286.6 - release version

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Ah maybe I made a change that caused this effect, as it was working... Sorry, I'll check what happens.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello,

I updated Clickteam Fusion Developer 2.5 to build R286.6 today and I'm noticing some strange problems with one of my game projects. It looks like the way CF2.5 handles the legacy "Transparency" option for objects is different than it was before. For example, in my game I have a "slash fx" object that displays when you attack with melee weapons, and in my project code I alter the objects "Transparency" depending on which animation frame it is on. Since the update, though, it seems like all of my weapon effects appear different than they did before. It looks almost as if the transparency either isn't displaying correctly or the animation speed has been altered (confirmed that animation speed is the same on all builds of my game) as the "sword slash" animation seems to almost "hang" for a fraction of a second longer than it did before the update.

I'm confident this anomaly was due to the CF2.5 update as previously made executables of my game do not appear to have this issue. I'll try to post some comparison pictures if I'm able to capture the problem. Do you guys have any idea what might have changed since the update to be causing these problems?

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    >> or the animation speed has been altered

In the build 285 we've modified something related to animations. When you switch from an animation to another one, the current frame duration is reset. Not sure if it could be the reason of your problem? There is a new option to control this in the properties of the active object, "Do not reset current frame duration when the animation is modified".

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^ Looks like you are correct, I just turned on that option and the sword animation problem seems to have resolved itself. Thank you for the quick response!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export Module

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    over the last year i hav spent quite a long time in thought about the current frame duration issue from a game creators perspective & came to the following conclusion....

there will be times wen u want to flip the sequence to say, test a collision mask on another sequence & then flip back, without the duration resetting. while also being able to swap to a new animation sequence (like a different player combat move) & hav the duration reset.

so its very likely u will need both at once, & not just want to set in on & off.

IDEALLY, it wud be amazing if it there was an additional action put in the (object-animation-restore category) called "Duration of frame", which resets the objects current frames duration. this way u wud hav complete control over it & wud be covered for all eventualities in games creation

wud this extra action be possible to implement?

P.S. (by the way, the frame duration doesn't reset it on 286.6 wen the option is set to reset & u go force animation frame to 0, restore animation frame)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, thanks for the update

I have found few problems, maybe they are old

active/deactive group action can't be copied and pasted when user is in list of actions
    resizing font in expression editor is bugged, font is pixelated
    restrict action bug in event, fixed value can be set once, changing the value at runtime does not change speed

Forum Moderator

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would you please put this in the bug box with a mfa (s) showing the bugs?
    Thanks,
    Marv
    ​458 TGF to CTF 2.5+ Examples and games
    http://www.castles-of-britain.com/mmf2examples.htm

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    >> I have found few problems, maybe they are old

Yes, probably. And yes please upload a MFA to the bug box as Marv said. I can reproduce the first one, I don't see very well what you mean for the others.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since Steam updated with 286, Fusion seems to startup with default settings each time. When I change hotkeys and/or import settings, they work. But as soon as I quit Fusion and open it again, the hotkeys have reverted to defaults. I'm not holding down any keys while opening Fusion.

Does this happen to anyone else?

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Not for me, shortcuts are not reverted to defaults, I've just added shortcuts in the Insert menu for the event editor and they are still there when I restart Fusion.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast