User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Click Vs Touch which is better and why?

Clicker Fusion 2.5Android Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Click Vs Touch which is better and why?

Hi,

In my game I'm using "Click on Object" to register a hit and it works pretty well. Then I came across "Multi Touch" object and made me thinking if I should convert the "Click with mouse" events to "Touch" events. Is it worth the time to do it or just leave it like it is. The only minor thing I noticed with a "Click" is that you need to be more precise in clicking/touching the object and there is a limit on how fast you can click on a object.
    Is there a limit how fast you can touch the object using the "Touch" instead the "Click"?

Thank you.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can be wrong but I think there is no difference in speed.....but I like much Touch Object, you have much more options of touch, multiple touch, detects just when user release the touch, and so on..

For example, if you pay attention, all buttons in AAA mobile games, when you touch it, it will have the hover effect, but the action will only fired when you release this button......you can do it using Multi Touch Object. But the mouse you cant retrive the realease click information easy.

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "action will only fired when you release this button"
    This actually is good to know, because I want my action to be when the gamer presses the button, not release.

So, there is no speed difference? Anyone else can confirm it, actually I would like to know from Clickteam how fast per second you can touch the screen using the "Click mouse" vs "Touch" object.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    One issue with Click speed is it could be interpreted as a double click if your doing it this fast.

For the fastest possible response you should use the touch as "double touch" isn't an issue.
    I think the computer can recognize it faster then you can physically touch it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One thing I noticed that you can click faster if the ACTIVE is moving, then when its stationary and you are clicking in the same spot. Is that normal?

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Never heard that before so I don't know.

Maybe you could make some example MFA to show the difference?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here it is, you will see 2 counters, one for static object and other for moving object.
    This problem is evident in Windows and Android.

Try to click as fast as possible on both objects and you will notice that on the static object you will skip the detection and on the moving object it works fine.
    Now, if you click on the static object at different places then it kinda works.

Let me know what you think.
    Attached files Attached files

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleMac Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    amiman99 - Haven't looked at your mfa, but sounds very much like a double-click is being detected instead and ignoring the single click action. Clicking in different places won't count as a double click (depending on your PCs double click settings)
    You can duplicate your click event and change the condition to double-click to make sure it doesn't miss it.
    Good luck!

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Good Advice AyreGuitar!
    I also think using the touch seems to be better if you want to track high speed interactions.
    Yes -- Touch will also trigger if you click the mouse on a non-touch screen computer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Double clicking is not good, does not fit the way game plays.

I have played with my example and changed the clicking action to the TOUCH, I was able to make it work and it actually works better now.

Now I need to figure it out how to modify the code without breaking anything. I need to think about it.

Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast