User Tag List

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: (WIP)Adventure of the StarTwins: 2-player run-and-gun platformer

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup, loud and clear. Surprisingly, I've noticed that changing the layout doesn't really affect much of anything, so I've gone ahead and made the necessary changes, aside from a few changes in the first room, where I'm still not 100% sure whether to raise or lower the platforms to fix it (I'll be able to figure it out myself, though).

EDIT: Decided on the option of "lower the platforms".

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've just uploaded another new take on the Boxing Drone's theme (replacing the old 0.0.7 version of it, FYI): http://gamejolt.com/games/adventure-...r-twins/161629

Have a listen, and let me know what you think!

FYI, the slower pace of the new version of the music is intentional: It's supposed to fit the whole "dark warehouse" feel of the stage. Same with the instrumentation, which I think fits that feel better now.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeah I can hear the slower pace giving more a dark-heavy feel,
    the new theme is surely more atmospheric.
    If that's the mood of the dark warehouse, I think it will fit well!

Btw, forgot to say I'm with Shinbaxter when he says he would enjoy a jumping animation
    though not sure how your art team could draw it!

Maybe rocket-boots?
    Not too hard to design, would fit with the "special boot" capable of instant acceleration-stop
    but not with the skating animation (they would rather stand still while the boot throws them forward)

Or "spring" boots, pushing out some metal springs, like in old toons?

Both would require few changes in arms/legs design and fit with a static pose
    so not being too dramatically unpleasant to draw...

Well, just throwing some ideas

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    cool ideas from schrodinger, altho i guess those ideas wud require changing of events, i was simply just meaning a little variation like the original megaman.

just for laughs as a challenge try doing a big jump forward & landing all while keeping ur arms straight down by ur side & without bending ur legs
    u shud ask ur sister to try it aswell, as that'l probly giv her sum idea of what pose she needs to draw.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In preparation for the new version, have a weapon demonstration!:

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    also i'm quite sure u can't get back over that 2nd green gem door wall before the door, unless i'm missing a double jump or sumthin?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, THAT wall? Huh, I don't think I've fixed that one yet... Let me fix that real quick before releasing the new version.

EDIT: It's fixed now. Now back to uploading the new version...

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    & how much does skyla weigh??? wen i did multiplayer cosmo jumped on the lift no problem...then skyla jumped on it & brought the house down!
    so heavy they even looped backed onto the top of the screen

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Version 0.0.7 is released! Download it here: http://gamejolt.com/games/adventure-...r-twins/161629

To quote the recent GameJolt devlog for the game:

Version 0.0.7 of Adventure of the Star Twins is released! So, what does it change? Well…

New features include:
    +Weapon demonstrations.
    +You now get a weapon from the Mining Drone. If you already have a save file with it cleared, you’ll still get the weapon. If you want the demonstration, you’ll have to re-fight it, though.
    +Fixed some level design oversights.
    +Improved graphics.
    +Improved musics.
    +Improved GameJolt login screen. (I hope this fixes it for you, DarkBloodbane! If it doesn’t, let me know… Then I’ll have to figure out what in the world is going on.)
    +Added more sound effects.
    +Bug-fixes.
    +Bugs. (Probably)
    +Glitches. (Probably)

Removed features include:
    -The ability to get spoilers on what one of the future bosses is due to a glitch.
    -Weapon demonstration bugs when playing as Skyla. (These were fixed before this version was publicly released. It was a last-minute fix, though, so I guess it kinda counts.)
    -Pausing bugs. I have no idea how long they were around, to be completely honest, so they may have been new, or they may have been old.
    -Bugs.
    -Glitches.
    -Potential accidental removal of bug fixes. (Possible, though it’s unlikely)
    -The lack of a sound effect when the Mining Drone attacked. (Though really, who wants a boss that DOESN’T have audio to indicate that it’s attacking?)

So mostly an update to polish things up a bit.

Have fun with the new version!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SHINBAXTER View Post
    & how much does skyla weigh??? wen i did multiplayer cosmo jumped on the lift no problem...then skyla jumped on it & brought the house down!
    so heavy they even looped backed onto the top of the screen
    That only happens during multiplayer. It doesn't matter what order the players get on the lift: Once they're both on, the lift breaks.

If Skyla gets on the lift in single-player, it works just fine.

So, they're both roughly the same weight as far as I know. However, the lift can only properly carry one of them at a time, since it wasn't meant for that heavy of a load.

Looping back onto the top of the screen you say, though? That sounds like a bug. Never seen that one before...

EDIT: Wait, do you mean the part where they fall down into the next room? That's intentional. The path is actually somewhat different from the path in single-player, as subtle as the differences may be.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast