User Tag List

Thread: How can I fully speed up a frame? (Not just by frame rate...)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How can I fully speed up a frame? (Not just by frame rate...)

Remember how in old arcade games, every time you exceed another level the game speeds everything up? That's what I wanted, the option to speed up or slow down everything in the frame. I know that in Clickteam you can use the "frame rate" command that speeds up the process of most other commands; however, doing such will ignore animation speed and time speed such as the "every X time" input.
    I know a very aduous alternative to what I want such as having all time based commands and frame rate follow an alterable value, and the alterable value of time changes as the value of the frame rate changes; however, this will still leave behind animation speed which may cause a delay in animation based actions as the time speed increases.
    All I ask for is a way to make a quick frame speed increase or decrease that will affect everything in the frame.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Animation speed can also be changed in code to follow an alterable value, so the arduous method should at least be possible.

I suspect there's no way to neatly change the speed of everything. Though hopefully I'm wrong

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If you untick "timer based movements" in the frame runtime properties, animation speed will follow framerate:

frame_speed.mfa

(hold up/down to raise/lower framerate)

But linking everything to a value will surely give you much more flexibility, I'd say would be a better solution,
    and as Volnaiskra says you can force animation frames to follow this value as well

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export Module

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    i did this in my game carrot catch for the iphone ......i used the " arduous" method

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/carr...ign-mpt=uo%3D4

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you all for responding!

I overlooked the timer-based movement option so I'm going to test that out as soon as possible.

I'm sorry for using such a petty term, but I thought that workaround is far too complex for a command that seemed very simple in concept. When I considered animations for the "alterable value" method, I thought I would have to change the Animation Speed for every single animation from every object that requires it. And not only that, many objects have different animation speeds, so I will have to keep track of every animation seperately.

I'm wondering if there is a way that you can create a universal input that can affect all objects that has animations of similar speeds, like:
    -If Animation Speed is = 30
    -If Frame rate is = 60
    -Change Animation Speed to: 30*2