User Tag List

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Performance UWP Exporter and XBOX Gamepad Support

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't bought the exporter yet to test. I was mostly waiting to see how this process went with Microsoft as I know with our game we would definitely need more system resources. Maybe right now wouldn't be a great time to test but rather once they unlock more of the resources. Or at least, that's my understanding that only so much is unlocked, then when approved your kit can unlock more system resources.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I purchased the UWP exporter and am getting horrendous FPS (1 on Xbox One, 9-10 on PC) and load times when running on both local PC and Xbox One. The exe runs at 60fps on my PC outside of Visual Studio (just launching through Fusion) and I've worked hard to optimize the images to follow the power of 2, etc. I've tried a few of the tactics mentioned in this thread regarding mosaics and keeping data in resources, etc. Any other pointers?

EDIT: I can Clean Solution / Deploy Solution and run from the Windows Start Menu and it is just fine. But running either on debug or release within VS on either PC or Xbox One is very choppy.

Yves, I've PM'd you a link to an MFA that I'm working with. If you wouldn't mind taking a look and giving me your expert opinion I would be truly grateful. I've deactivated all of my events and am going through my images now. Almost all images are following the power of 2 and I've made most of my collisions to not be fine. I'm starting to wonder if it is the sheer amount of alpha channels on everything.

DOUBLE EDIT: I'm starting to think it is a combination of alpha channels and additive blending. I saw a modest FPS improvement by removing a few alpha channels and additive blends here and there.

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    OK, I've answered your PM, you have to unselect "Load all data at start" + "Keep resources between frames", and I've sent you a pre-version that is optimized for scrolling games.

>> run from the Windows Start Menu and it is just fine
    >> running either on debug or release within VS on either PC or Xbox One is very choppy

This is normal, I don't know what VS does exactly but yes when you run it from VS the performance is bad. If you want to check the performance, DO NOT run it from Visual Studio. Execute Build Solution and Deploy Solution in VS and then run it from the Windows Start menu.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi All..

Here is my game running on Xbox one..Running at 60 fps..

Find no errors.

Here is my other games,but no video now..

pic_uwp.jpg

Sloxone

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Nice, thank you for sharing.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bonjour,
    Mon jeux utilise un Highscore du tutoriel de Jeff avec Get objet et String Parser.
    Est t-il possible d'avoir l'ID Gamertag de la Xbox one?.

Merci

Excellent Exporter.Merci Ó Sparckman pour son tuto

Hi,My game have a Highscore using Jeff tutoriel with Get Object and String parser.Is that possible to get Gamertag from Xbox one ?

Thanks

Nice Exporter..Thanks to Sparckman for his Tuto

Sloxone

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yves,

Thank you for your response and the 287.3 beta. I was running the 287.2 beta from the Owner's Lounge previously. I apologize that I failed to mention the build number.

I followed your instructions and I'm able to get slightly better results, but it is still only around 11-13 FPS and the Xbox drops textures as you can see in the below video. My MFA runs just under 500mb of RAM so if the 1gb RAM limit on Xbox One is true I would think this shouldn't be the issue. I did also follow the Build Solution > Deploy Solution and ran the game on my Xbox One while not using VS so that could also be a reason for the FPS increase. I didn't try it with VS to see if it was back to 1 FPS.

Here is a video of my results. The actual game doesn't start until 0:38 because there is a 35 second load time from the moment I select the game from the dashboard.

Thanks for all your help. FYI, I removed several of my environment actives such as the grass and trees that sway, as well as flames and smoke effects and even an RGB effect and it gave about a 2-3 FPS boost.

In case anyone is wondering, the top counter is the frame rate, the counter beneath that is the lowest frame rate reached at that runtime.

Here is a video of how it should be running.

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Interesting, thank you for the video. Jon will take a look when he's back from vacation. I'll try to take a look in the meantime when/if I can.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you Yves. I will leave the mfa link up for reference.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just wanted to follow up and confirm that Jon is on vacation this week and not last week? I ask because I'm curious to know when an update might be predicted as Microsoft and I are in the contracts phase and I'm afraid to proceed if our game will not operate properly on Xbox One.

I understand much can be optimized on our end, however there are a lot of options we don't have regarding optimization without compromising certain aspects of the game that would cause a large difference between console and PC versions. Much care has been taken to ensure objects are constrained within the power of 2, event optimization, etc.

My fear is that alpha channels are one of the larger problems at hand. Seeing as we are working with HD pre-rendered sprites (game resolution is 720p) and not pixel art, alpha channels and anti-aliasing are a must. Graphics such as solid tiles with no transparent sections have had their alpha channels ensured to be removed when running on Xbox One and it only boosts maybe 3 Fps.

Thank you for all you do.

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast