User Tag List

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Performance UWP Exporter and XBOX Gamepad Support

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Performance UWP Exporter and XBOX Gamepad Support

If I imagine it is not a hardware problem but just ask because Yves mentioned that my game work for you at 60 FPS. My game is highly optimized level textures and events. Touch say that in iOS, Android and EXE runs at 60 FPS allows me to say that the performance of the UWP exporter is not optimal and it is still in a state of development, I hope it can be improved in future updates.

Sent from my iPhone

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I have the latest asus i7 laptop, so I do not think it will be a hardware issue, I really think it has something to do with many objects in your game and maybe the events, I remember having the same problems with the ios exporter. Just hope it is a checkbox thing
    I've just fixed an important issue with collisions when the mosaics option is selected, this could have caused slow downs and maybe even memory leaks (not sure about this one). I've uploaded the build 286.8 of the exporter, link in the Product Owner's Lounge / UWP forum. Let me know if this build improves things when you have a chance to test it.

Koji, you can (should) install this build too but no need to test your app with it, I think the issue with your app is different, I'll have to think about it.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you Yves, let me know that you believe to be the problem of my game.

Anyway I tried and still the same 38 FPS with 286.8 version.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    I've just fixed an important issue with collisions when the mosaics option is selected, this could have caused slow downs and maybe even memory leaks (not sure about this one). I've uploaded the build 286.8 of the exporter, link in the Product Owner's Lounge / UWP forum. Let me know if this build improves things when you have a chance to test it.

Koji, you can (should) install this build too but no need to test your app with it, I think the issue with your app is different, I'll have to think about it.
    Cool, I will give it a shot when I get home from work!

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    My games are all pretty small but I am really impressed how well a game I made to work on the Android runs on the Xbox One.

Pretty much didn't do anything to make it run on the xbox other then change it from accelerometer to mouse control - which automatically worked on the xbox one controller. (As a mouse not the full controller)

My screen size was strange (not xbox sized) so if I was making an xbox one game from scratch I would use a size that worked better on xbox one.

but -- in person the game runs really really fast pretty darn cool!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look pretty cool Jeff, I havn't got the chance to test the new update hope to have more time tomorrow. I had the little one all day wanting nothing else but to see teletubbies, :/

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok I downloaded the latest patch and exported my Disposable Heroes game again, things I noticed.

The game lost all the sounds with the mosaics option on
    my characters get's pushed through the wall after an enemy hits me.
    Enemy pushes player too far backwards.
    When picking up items it does not Always show active object effects from the stars, just sometimes it shows 4 stars that dissapear other times just nothing.
    game still runs slow.

I made a simple game with some objects and an bat and ball to test it on the xbox and then no problem occurs.
    I can only imagine that all my games are too heavy for the exporter, main menu's run fast but when the actual game frames run terrible.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Maybe when John catches up he could do some profiling on your game to see whats going on -- If your interested.
    Seems like it should run better then it is for you. He has got some bigger games running very well as Microsoft wanted them so I am sure he can get yours running well also!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will Always be interested, I can only learn from the process. thanks!

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I don't understand this problem with the performance on your machine. What version of Visual Studio do you use? Update 3?

Could you make me a favor? (just in case you ddn't do this yet) In VS, click Build / Clean Solution and then click Build / Deploy Solution. And then run the game from the Windows Start menu.

I've all the sounds here when I check Group mosaics. Are your sounds exported to M4A or MP3? (check in the resources folder of the uwp project)

PS: the fix for the collision issue was specifically made for your other game, the one with the donuts, I'm curious to see how this one performs.

PPS: could you post bug reports in the bug box for the non-performance issues please? (with screenshots and if possible with a small MFA that shows the problem, but I understand if you can't do it for this big game, so just instructions to reproduce it will be fine).

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast