User Tag List

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Performance UWP Exporter and XBOX Gamepad Support

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Does microsoft know you are going to use UWP?

You should tell Microsoft your working with Clickteam since they are involved/knowledgeable with our UWP export module.

Then contact Chris -- ccarson@clickteam.com he is our point of contact between Clickteam & Microsoft.

Be under advisement that parts of your game may need to be redone and reworked -- If you have huge objects and animations you might have to change it to work acceptably under the UWP module. Its not always as simple as file build sadly.

You might have to do some work optimizing your game and also wait for us to suggest changes and/or debug issues encountered.
    We have got some games working really nice but your game has to be highly optimized to run well and we are still working on various areas.

Its certainly not as simple as -- The update next month is going to fix all your problems -- it won't -- most likely we will need to get your MFA and work on it directly.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think there is a disconnect between players and the perceived power of consoles. Consoles require programming to be tailored to how they work and often are optimized to handle a specific sort of development. A big misconception is that modern consoles handle 2D assets well. This is a misconception because all modern hardware is made to push polygons. Not millions of individual triangles, but meshes. And texture rendering is optimized for UV mapping to those polygons. So while there are games like Dragon's Crown that appear to push 2D, they are doing a lot of specialty coding to make that happen.

Add to that the fact that MS isn't giving indie devs full access to their libraries and console capabilities and the disconnect grows even more. I hope the exporter improves (I'm positive it will in time), but anyone who has been on the forums since 2006 (Koji) should know how exporters in MMF work. They are NEVER full featured on day one. And like Chris or Jeff said, they will take years to evolve into the thing many assume they are, as was the case with iOS and Android. All this talk of refunds is starting to eat away at me, so I apologize if this rant sounds a bit harsh.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have rightly Mobichan on the subject of consoles and my knowledge of the subject of the exporters and the years that took to improve especially that of Android that was a nightmare for almost year and a half. But the iOS I launch my first game with the almost in beta.

I see that this exporter can not do anything with the Windows Store and Xbox One (in is last we cannot wait for years because the platform is halfway through its life and as we all know).

As for your comment of the refund I don't feel alluded in my case I have been one of the promoters of Clickteam copper for his work and copper, always criticize the ridiculous price of Fusion 2.5 and exporters, and I was happy when I saw that this was going to cost $199 because I thought now if they can keep a perfect structure.

Now don't want money back but if a promise that this will work in a short time.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MS has stated their plans going forward are similar to Apple when it comes to hardware. They will release updated consoles that all can play existing software. This means the console cycle is effectively moot. So it is not really accurate to say the xbone lifespan is half way done.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Performance UWP Exporter and XBOX Gamepad Support

They only know that my dear friend, said the same XNA and abandoned. So I am guided by the industry, the console is in the middle of their cycle. On the other hand, and not least the exporter should work well for Windows 10, so there also needs to be checked Windows Phone can not comment because I have no device and honestly do not see it as an attractive market.

Sent from my iPhone

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Today I bought my Xbox One to do tests with the exporter.

Of my two games, Kikaiju Attack goes very wrong in windows 10 with the exporter, is maintained between 15 FPS-28 FPS, in Xbox One falls to 5 FPS.

My other game Umi Force Unlimited (game of mobil very light) in Windows 10 with the exporter goes between 45 FPS-60 FPS, in Xbox One falls to 5 FPS-8 FPS.

The thing goes worse on Xbox One that in Windows 10, so wonder, would this goes to to improve in a future close?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any news for update?

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    You'll be the first to know when the next update is released for UWP.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Performance UWP Exporter and XBOX Gamepad Support

Thanks Jeff

Sent from my iPhone

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is my game on UWP Xbox one .Game using screen 1920X1080 .

http://ed6.free.fr/Uwptest.jpg

Sloxone

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast