User Tag List

Thread: Is the Fusion 3 upgrade free?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Is the Fusion 3 upgrade free?

Will the upgrade from CFusion 2.5 to CFusion 3 be free?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, it won't be free, but I guess there may be some kind of discount to upgrade if you already own 2.5.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is actually a huge Fusion 3 thread with a lot of information and useful posts . Fusion 3 is based on a new engine written from scratch. Fusion 3 will be available as a complete new software product on Steam. So it would be a good idea to say goodbye and to plan the time of slaughter for your neatly fattened piggy bank.

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ya not free for any more details follow http://community.clickteam.com/threads/92330-Fusion-3-Current-Status it here.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    too early talks about this...
    I guess, just a guess, They are probably coming up with good Updates to Fusion 2.5 because fusion 3 is gonna be late. So late.
    That's a really good guess, and I hope that I'm very wrong.

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Yes, too early for this yet, F3 is not in beta test yet.

The development of Fusion 3 is a bit slower than planned, yes, I'm afraid I'm the one to blame for this, I was 95% out of order between November and March, this slowed down all the developments. I'm trying to catch up. We'll post new information about F3 asap, Anders and James have been doing a superb work.

But this is not the reason why we continue releasing updates for Fusion 2.5 at all. We release updates for Fusion 2.5 just because we HAVE to. First Fusion 2.5 is a living product, so it must be maintained. Secondly, Fusion 3 won't be a simple update of Fusion 2, there is 0 line of code of Fusion 2 in Fusion 3, its features aren't exactly the same as the ones of the previous versions of the product. This means that:

1. the switch from Fusion 2.5 to Fusion 3 won't be as easy for you as switching from Fusion 1 to Fusion 2, or Fusion 2 to Fusion 2.5. It won't be a single click. Even if there is a converter it won't be able to convert everything, at least in the beginning (I'm sure we'll improve it as the time passes), and there will be things to change in your apps before they work perfectly with the new version.

2. for this reason, we won't drop Fusion 2.5 as soon as Fusion 3 is released as we used to do for the previous major updates. Fusion 2.5 will still continue living after 3.0 is released, we'll release updates for Fusion 2.5 even after the release of Fusion 3, both products will be living side-by-side until everyone can switch to F3.

All of this is lot of work, like you we can't wait for Fusion 2.5 to be fully replaced by F3 to ease the work for the developers, but we have to continue working on Fusion 2.5 in the meantime, release new exporters that allow you to port your apps to new platforms, etc. until F3 is fully operational.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a very good update. Thanks Yves.

Marv
    ​458 TGF to CTF 2.5+ Examples and games
    http://www.castles-of-britain.com/mmf2examples.htm

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    Yes, too early for this yet, F3 is not in beta test yet.

The development of Fusion 3 is a bit slower than planned, yes, I'm afraid I'm the one to blame for this, I was 95% out of order between November and March, this slowed down all the developments. I'm trying to catch up. We'll post new information about F3 asap, Anders and James have been doing a superb work.

But this is not the reason why we continue releasing updates for Fusion 2.5 at all. We release updates for Fusion 2.5 just because we HAVE to. First Fusion 2.5 is a living product, so it must be maintained. Secondly, Fusion 3 won't be a simple update of Fusion 2, there is 0 line of code of Fusion 2 in Fusion 3, its features aren't exactly the same as the ones of the previous versions of the product. This means that:

1. the switch from Fusion 2.5 to Fusion 3 won't be as easy for you as switching from Fusion 1 to Fusion 2, or Fusion 2 to Fusion 2.5. It won't be a single click. Even if there is a converter it won't be able to convert everything, at least in the beginning (I'm sure we'll improve it as the time passes), and there will be things to change in your apps before they work perfectly with the new version.

2. for this reason, we won't drop Fusion 2.5 as soon as Fusion 3 is released as we used to do for the previous major updates. Fusion 2.5 will still continue living after 3.0 is released, we'll release updates for Fusion 2.5 even after the release of Fusion 3, both products will be living side-by-side until everyone can switch to F3.

All of this is lot of work, like you we can't wait for Fusion 2.5 to be fully replaced by F3 to ease the work for the developers, but we have to continue working on Fusion 2.5 in the meantime, release new exporters that allow you to port your apps to new platforms, etc. until F3 is fully operational.
    Yves,

I think it is the right approach, and I applaud Clickteam to follow that path. Definitely we have to understand the users of F2.5 which go to F3 with our games will be an intricate work on adaptations of code, also for your words I see Clickteam understands it as well and therefore should be given support and new products to F2.5 as they have done recently with the launch of the UWP Exporter.

Say that this was my fear of the transition (definitely I'll buy F3 just out) but by keeping F2.5 in the catalog of Clickteam products with support is that I can continue generating games at F2.5 while I'm wearing my games to F3.