User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Windows 10 Phones - Testing

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok thanks for the response think i'll try ebay or try to source a 950 cheap.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've tried on my Lumia 650, and it was terribly slow, even in a really simple app with only one object.

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Hmm, you should retry with the latest beta version (287.3) and the W10 Anniversary update, I tested your scrolling game on a Lumia 650 and the speed is pretty good when you run the application from the menu on this device (or when you use Start without debugging in VS - but better run it directly in the app menu on the device after you've built it and deployed it). If you use Start Debugging in VS yes it's terribly slow, not sure what they do exactly in the debugger.

PS: something that is a bit slow is the loading time between frames, we'll try to optimize this.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can we make a conclusion that Fusion is not good at all for Windows Phone games?

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Nope. I've tested a couple of games with the latest version of Fusion on a Lumia 650 that has the latest version of Windows and they worked fine at a normal speed.

I'll make other tests if I can find more "stressing" games to test. If anyone has a game designed for mobile he wants me to test I can see how it performs.

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dobermann View Post
    I've tried on my Lumia 650, and it was terribly slow, even in a really simple app with only one object.
    Hey, could you check again on your Lumia with the latest version please? It runs fine on mine. Run it from the device, not from VS. Thanks!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's better but still not as it should be, the menu is at 20FPS and the game at 30FPS... I've added a rain effect on the menu (around 420 object at screen), maybe it explain the slowdown.
    It was way better with the XNA exporter but i hope it wil lbe improved again!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just tested a bit with a Lumia 650, and I'm gonna have to agree that it's not very suitable for development. It took a while to even get running, and it's incredibly slow. And this is a game that runs fine on really old android pads and generation 2 ipads.

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Did you run it by clicking on the app icon in the app list on the device or through Visual Studio?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Both. While running through Visual Studio it crashes before the main menu can even be loaded (memory issues). I did get it to run by disabling all backgrounds (I have several 960x1280 images as active objects in a frame) and running it after deployment (in the app list). Framerate wasn't good, but playable enough actually, my main issue is the phones inability to load large files (mp3's with a 2.73mb filesize doesn't seem to be able to play either, while smaller ones do).

I'm running build 287.3, Visual Studio with update 3, and Win 10 with the anniversary update.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2