User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Do you build level editor for your complex games?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you build level editor for your complex games?

Hi

Is it really necessary ? Isn't another easy way for write coding as OOP in one frame ?

If Clickteam improve Global event editor for show groups and qualifiers and behaviors we don't need to make level editor.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 Mac
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you need some sort of level generator if you want to stick to one frame. Either make a separate tool to build levels, make the levels in MMF and save to an array at runtime or do a live map generator.

Clickteam Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have actually never used global events. I make a "gameplay" frame and a level editor which enables me to place same objects in different places and different alterable values.

Also, I think if they will improve Global events, you will still need to make a level editor, because of object placements.

( I am actually working on a "Generic Level Editor" for Fusion, which enables you to easily create level files and manipulate what's in it )
    - BartekB, a.k.a Uppernate
    Join the Click Converse Discord! - https://discord.gg/7RNXFrC
    Dungeon Raiders! - Link soon™

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it's impossible to create a big game without level editor if you use Clickteam Fusion.
    But you can use Tiled to manage your maps.

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A level editor is really useful for assigning different values to objects as well!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Freedom planet used the sonic worlds engine and avgn adventures 1 did not because the developer saw it as unnecessary since fusion technically is a level editor.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks so much for replies

Actually I didn't make level editor until now. And also I saw many tutorials . Could you show me a tutorial for a platformer game with slops and so on without use extensions? because I want it for cross platform.

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't made a game that uses a level editor in a while. Usually I'll open a rectangle up in MS Paint and draw the level out (sometimes yes, manually copy / pasting square tiles I've made for myself) and then add all the extra junk by hand.

Then when it's ready I import that picture into an obstacled backdrop.

This way takes forever, btw haha.

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    it's impossible to create a big game without level editor if you use Clickteam Fusion.
    But you can use Tiled to manage your maps.
    With all due respect, this is completely false. While it may be easier to use a level editor it is not necessary.

Hasslevania 2 is over 200 frames in size (some frames are quite large as well) and was made using 0% level editor.

Use whatever method you're comfortable with, TC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Del_Duio

Thanks for share your experiments. Actually I haven't real skill with level editor now. I'm more comfortable without it like you. But I know debugging is faster with level editor.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast