User Tag List

Thread: Setting a Flag to an array value

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Setting a Flag to an array value

Is it possible to Set a Flag to a value in an array (0 or 1)? I basically am storing the Flag values of objects (when the game saves) so they can be loaded back into the objects at a later time (when the game loads). From what I can tell, there is no way to set a flag to an expression value. Also, this needs to be for all runtimes, so no crazy extensions.

Clicker Fusion 2.5iOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can use an alterable value instead of a flag. But since you may already be using different alterable values in different objects, you can use an alterable string that can either be "0" or "2". In this case, you should use a text array instead of a numeric array.

But if that isn't possible, all you can do is do a for each loop for each flag# you need to save and have a condition that tests to see if the flag is on > store '1' to the array position. If you have a ton of flags, you're going to need to have multiple fastloops/foreach loops depending the # of flags for the objects. I think its totally ok to have a bunch of inefficient loops for saving since you only do it once right? Hope this helps!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem isn't the storing of the ON or OFF, since F2.5 already lets you retreive a Flag as a 0 or 1. The problem was setting a Flag to an integer (0 or 1).

My current solution is to assume all Flags are OFF by default (since this only loads at the Start of Frame) and do a comparison for each flag like so:

+Start of Frame
    --Set String Parser string to Array string (each array entry holds all flag values for one object)
    --Start Loop "check" (# of objects) times

+On loop "check"
    +ID (object) = LoopIndex("check")
    +ListGetAt$ (1)= "1"
    --Set (object)Flag (LoopIndex("check") to ON

+On loop "check"
    +ID (object) = LoopIndex("check")
    +ListGetAt$ (2)= "1"
    --Set (object)Flag (LoopIndex("check") to ON

etc... incrementing the element index of the string parser comparison for each additional flag. I only have 7 Flags to compare for each object, but it still feels like bloat.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is the only way to do it at the moment unfortunately