User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: "liblacewing is no longer maintained" - And now?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"liblacewing is no longer maintained" - And now?

Hello everybody. I realized that liblacewing is no longer maintained (I'm outdated, I know ...). So, and now? Are there problems in use it in new projects? I saw that Blue Lacewing is maintained by Phi (thank you Phi! ), but Blue Lacewing does not work in Android.

Best regards.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The objects still works fine. There are some minor bugs but overall they work fine. When it comes to security flaws I don't know. But I still use Lacewing so.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sure, Lacewing objects are great. Very simple to use too. I'm concerned about the security, mainly. For small projects, I always used Lacewing. But if a project grow up unexpectedly, is Lacewing able to handle it?

I'm looking forward to Google Play Games Objects, but there is a risk: U$ 39,99 for an object that I can't know if I'll like to use.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 MaciOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ls2: Bluewing client still runs on liblacewing, it's a successor to Lacewing Relay Client (which was discontinued in 2013 or something).

Phi is working on Bluewing Server (a successor to Lacewing Relay Server), but Bluewing Client/Server still run on the latest version of liblacewing, released in 2015 (as opposed to Lacewing Relay client/server that run on a version on liblacewing from 2013).

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    advaith
    Glad to know that Phi is working on Bluewing Server. Thank you for this info. Do you know if Phi has plans to port these extensions to Android?

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He said that he doesn't want to port Bluewing Server to android, because it would use up too much battery.

He didn't mention porting Bluewing Client to Android, but after he finishes up Bluewing Server he will port Bluewing client to HTML5.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Btw when the HTML5 version comes out you might be able to use it in android with xdk or something, but you will only be able to use html5 extensions.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe Android and iOS are the most important. Still looking forward to the day we can see true cross-platform multiplayer with fusion. It's a bit ridiculous that the old lacewing from over 5 years ago is still the best option. (and no iOS/html support)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you again, advaith. Good news.

I have to agree with SoftWarewolf. I don't know if it's true, but most of the games that I see here are being launched for Android/iOS/PC.
    Anyway, Phi is doing a great job with Bluewing. I hope he decides to launch both client and server for Android

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Can everybody on Clickteam be tagged on this thread. We need a New Cross-platform Multiplayer Object... (ok just for PC and Mobile please)

ohhh right FUUUUUUUSION 3

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast