User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Creating a fullscreen, low-resolution game? (QUESTION)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks! doesn´t seem to work with my png... anyway the dropbox link will do it!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For posting screenshots, I really recommend ShareX. You can easily set it up so that with a single hotkey, it will take a screenshot (of the whole screen, a window, or just a region - your choice) and automatically upload it to imgur.com and once it's uploaded, it'll automatically copy the link to your clipboard.

Then you just hit the image button in the forum and paste the link into it. (linking to your image as a URL rather than as an attachment seems to always produce good results for me)

It's really quite fantastic; you can do the entire process - from capturing the screenshot to seeing it in your post - in 10 seconds

PS - that's some great info you posted, Julian82!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Volnaiskra: Thanks a bunch! I´ll try that!!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Julian, could you also upload a working mfa template?
    Julian 82_superiorscaling_template.mfa
    I just used the instructions of your image but I'm not sure about the Display settings.

I use Greenshot(http://getgreenshot.org) for my screenshots because I prefer the manual processing of my images.

-Imgur link:
    imgur.com/a/jMjmZ
    -Copy the image url:
    i.imgur.com/30Vk7IP.png
    -Forum(without quotes):
    "[img]"http://imgur.com/30Vk7IP.png"[/img]"

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @wodjanoi: Very strange, as far as I see this should be working, but it doesn´t. The problem seems to be on the ultimate fullscreen step. All values are calculated correctly and the window control object also does the job.

There must be some factor in my .mfa that makes the difference, but my code is embedded in a 5000+ events giant project and I will need time to figure this out. Your properties are the same as mine.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Made a very strange observation I cannot understand: if I paste the .mfa template of wodjanoi in my project everything works fine. It is not related to general property settings. If I delete all other frames of my project the scaling template example of wodjanoi stops working. I have no idea what this is all about, I hope my scaling method is not working due to a weird bug I cannot reproduce. Some month ago I realized that I could leave "Resize display to fill window" unchecked and Ultimate fullscreen extension did work well, I think my routine relies on this constellation but I have no idea what this is all about. I will investigate further, any ideas?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I attached an .mfa of my project strippted of all graphics, code and binary data. The first template is exactly the code of wodjanoi. It works perfectly, you can even switch desktop resolutions and the screen adjusts as intended.

Now the weird point: If you delete template 2, template 1 stops working. I hope an explanation can be found. Anyway feel free to use this example for ultimate scaling, although I don´t know why it works :P

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3risxi2yhq...plate.mfa?dl=0

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you very much for the template Julian82! The fullscreen works properly without the second Frame when I tick "Resize display to fill window size".
    Can I do this or will this destroy everything in some situations?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No problem! Actually you wrote the example template as I was to lazy to to it You are right, ticking Resize to fill window size box again seems to solve it, anyway this is does not explain the whole thing to me... In theory you should be fine with it, keep me updated, if you discover interesting things!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @wodjanoi: I checked your suggestion in detail with a pixel art picture and new grid and unfortunately it doesn´t work Ticking "Resize to fill window size" spoils it and on some more crazy resolutions it doesn´t scale to fullscreen at all. I made a new example, switch trough your desktop resolutions running the scaling frame, you´ll see the difference!

It´s like I stated before, the pixel perfect scaling routine works perfectly but it depends on frame 2 of my project been present. I can not explain why as this frame is not related to frame 1 in any way. I also can not reproduce my method when I recode it in a new .mfa. It´s really crazy. Somehow my Oubuddies.mfa where frame 2 is from seems to have "mutated" allowing to do things that should not be possible.

I broke it down to the constellation that Ultimate fullscreen is working without "resize frame to fill window size" ticked.

Here´s the .mfa: https://www.dropbox.com/s/268romzttq...0v1.1.mfa?dl=0

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast