User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Results 41 to 46 of 46

Thread: Creating a fullscreen, low-resolution game? (QUESTION)

  1. #41
    Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Shadeve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    GA USA
    Posts
    228
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Julian82 View Post
    edit: I updated the template in my dropbox. Now a template for infinite scrolling games got included in the .mfa. If you have got an infinite playfield you don't need to adjust and check for compatibility with the virtual playfield as the virtual area will always be > frame size.

    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8tc1gl7q4...Sg_vdx68a?dl=0
    Great! Thanks! I'll test it out sometime soon, I've been working on the Kickstarter for my project, and I am launching it on Thursday, so it might be a bit before I can test this out.

  2. #42
    Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Shadeve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    GA USA
    Posts
    228
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Julian82 View Post
    edit: I updated the template in my dropbox. Now a template for infinite scrolling games got included in the .mfa. If you have got an infinite playfield you don't need to adjust and check for compatibility with the virtual playfield as the virtual area will always be > frame size.

    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8tc1gl7q4...Sg_vdx68a?dl=0
    @Julian82 It works great! The pixels are crisp both when I build the application, and in editor. The problem is that the mouse is off center, even on your example. I made it so when you click on Zelda it destroys it, but you have to click above and to the left to do so. Is there a way to fix this?

  3. #43
    Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Julian82's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    outbuddies.com
    Posts
    943
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Although it's not obvious at first glance, my template uses the ultimate fullscreen object and produces the same issues when it comes to using the desktop mouse pointer. Ultimate fullscreen scales up your game window to fit your desktop size, but this is only a visual effect. The active clickable window stays the original size, so mouse coordinates will be offset. That's my theory on the issue, I think there are separate threads that discussed it too as well as possible workaraounds. I took the probably simplest solution and made a custom mouse pointer for my game using the "mouse controlled" movement, which will disable the windows mouse pointer in favour of your custom movement. The downfall is you'll have to custom-code commands like double klicking after this. With a mouse-controlled object in your frame only "single klick" and "repeat while mouse key is pressed" are recognized. But that's not really a problem in the end and your game looks pretty advanced anyway, so you`ll be able to do it. I also tried to keep the windows mouse pointer using offset calculations, but did not manage to get this working. Two more side notes if you go with a mouse-controlled custom pointer:

    1. You should make sure your window minimizes to the taskbar if the user is alt-tabbing out of your game (the template does this by default). An open Fusion window running in the background with mouse-controlled objects in it will still disable the windows mouse pointer in some cases until you kill the app through the task manager. If you minimize the window when not active, everything will be fine though and my code auto-recalls the scaling routine after maximizing anyway, so in case the user changes desktop resolution or switches to another monitor the new display will still be pixel perfect.

    2. The Steam Overlay is NOT affected by this, still works fine as intended and the mouse pointer is not blocked. There's a separate thread out there about Ultimate Fullscreen issues with the steam overlay, those never occurred to me using my template.

  4. #44
    Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Shadeve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    GA USA
    Posts
    228
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah okay. I have a few questions about this solution though:
    1) How do you decrease the speed of the mouse controlled object?
    2) Just to make sure I am doing this right. Will I need to have 2 objects, with one that is 1 pixel, and whenever that 1 pixel object is overlapping something I want to click on test if Player 1 Fire 1 key is pressed? And then I will also need to have a 1 pixel object for every layer I will be clicking?

    3) If I won't be releasing my game until around May probably, should I just wait until Fusion 3 comes out and see if it fixes this whole issue?

    Thanks again for all your help!

  5. #45
    Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Julian82's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    outbuddies.com
    Posts
    943
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadeve View Post
    Ah okay. I have a few questions about this solution though:
    1) How do you decrease the speed of the mouse controlled object?
    2) Just to make sure I am doing this right. Will I need to have 2 objects, with one that is 1 pixel, and whenever that 1 pixel object is overlapping something I want to click on test if Player 1 Fire 1 key is pressed? And then I will also need to have a 1 pixel object for every layer I will be clicking?

    3) If I won't be releasing my game until around May probably, should I just wait until Fusion 3 comes out and see if it fixes this whole issue?

    Thanks again for all your help!
    1) Don't know, did not have to do it for my game. Have you checked if lowering the desktop's mouse speed affects mouse control? Maybe start a new thread on the topic?
    2) You don't need to test fire 1, the normal mouse actions "user clicks - single click" and "repeat while mouse key is pressed" are still available. As I said: Double clicks won't be recognized anymore (but maybe this was fixed meanwhile, don't know). The mouse wheel also still works.
    Yes, I would create a pixel on every layer you need to check. What comes next and how many different click and drag options you make would highly depend on your specific needs.
    3) No, I don't think F3 will be stable and feature complete enough out of the box to directly release a commercial product with it, but that's just my opinion

  6. #46
    Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Shadeve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    GA USA
    Posts
    228
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Julian82 View Post
    1) Don't know, did not have to do it for my game. Have you checked if lowering the desktop's mouse speed affects mouse control? Maybe start a new thread on the topic?
    2) You don't need to test fire 1, the normal mouse actions "user clicks - single click" and "repeat while mouse key is pressed" are still available. As I said: Double clicks won't be recognized anymore (but maybe this was fixed meanwhile, don't know). The mouse wheel also still works.
    Yes, I would create a pixel on every layer you need to check. What comes next and how many different click and drag options you make would highly depend on your specific needs.
    3) No, I don't think F3 will be stable and feature complete enough out of the box to directly release a commercial product with it, but that's just my opinion
    Alright thanks! That helps a lot. I started a new thread. And yes, decreasing the PC cursor speed does decrease the mouse controlled object speed.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 30th December 2014, 06:46 AM
  2. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 31st October 2014, 11:03 AM
  3. Windowed, fullscreen, change resolution mode
    By Tiles in forum Multimedia Fusion 2 - Technical Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 13th January 2010, 06:14 PM
  4. Fullscreen Widescreen - Change resolution mode
    By Pkeod in forum Multimedia Fusion 2 - Technical Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 23rd March 2007, 08:59 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •