User Tag List

Thread: Clickstore users please ad videos

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Clickstore users please ad videos

This is just a request to all people who release content on the clickstore, please add a video to demonstrate the thing you are selling on the store. I don't know how many times I have been viewing something on the store and not bought something because it is so hard to see on just screenshots what the product actually does. For example this is the latest one I have been interested in, but since there is no video you don't really know what you are getting: http://clickstore.clickteam.com/terrain_generator_example

Here is another interesting, but that you have no idea how it really looks like since there is no video: http://clickstore.clickteam.com/real_smoke_engine?search=effects

For a good example how to do it with a small short video to demonstrate: http://clickstore.clickteam.com/cl%C3%A9ment_willay/lens-flare

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree, and while on this topic, for Windows 10 users, I can recommend its free video capturing feature, DVR. You might need to download the Xbox app from the store to set it up, but I've used it to capture footage of my Fusion products with good results.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Totally agree. I don't think the Clickstore currently allows uploading videos, but there's nothing stopping people from pasting a youtube link in the description

EDIT: Obviously I was wrong. That lens flare one uses a video

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I agree completely. It would be great if this could be enforced via some moderation on the submission stage. Sort of like a quality assurance pass.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think embedded YouTube videos are supported? It's just an embedded YouTube video(the lens flare effect by Eagle4).
    With this feature it doesn't make any sense to paste the YouTube direct link into the item description.
    I will create a seller account this year and I will definitely upload small videos of my products by embedding a YouTube video.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Video is a must to demonstrate the product effectively to potential buyer and close the deal fast.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleFirefly 3D Module
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe if it was an option that you could implement it yourself it would be done more often. For example when I requested a YouTube clip of my game Werewolf takeout, sure it was put up yet it doesn't Even play, it's the right URL I don't understand it. It's easier to put a clip up on the forums than the clickstore. Another problem is that if you want to update your info your file gets taken down until the new content is reviewed. To be honest the way the clickstore operates for developers is substandard. I use it to connect with our community and will continue to support it yet it could do with some major improvements. You say videos are a must, I say make it possible and you will find that developers want the same thing.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleFirefly 3D Module
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's what happens posting a video on the forums, how simple:

Here's what happens on the clickstore, even though this is the second time I've asked for my clip to be put up because it wasn't working the first time:
    & yes it's probably because it needed to use the embed url instead of the Youtube url. Surely it should be able to recognise both? I've had other videos work eg. Portacube. Why is it so hit and miss? I would have thought after flagging the problem I would have received support to swap it to an embedded url.

http://clickstore.clickteam.com/games/survival-horror-games/werewolf_takeout

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've posted my first item on the clickstore this week and my experience has definitely been less than ideal.

When I uploaded my skin, it insisted on exactly 904x620 images. Ok, so I redid my images to that size. (and I saw no option for video at all - I was surprised to learn they worked)

But then when my skin was posted, I realised that the images weren't even displayed at 905x620, but much smaller. Now you couldn't even read the text in my images.

So I uploaded a larger version to my website and added the link to my skin description. But now that I made a slight change to the description, the whole thing has to get approved again, so the skin becomes "product not found" until it does.

It's been almost 3 days and the skin is still down.

The weird thing is that it won't even let you update the file itself - just the description, tags, images etc. So I don't see why it needs to be taken down and reapproved each time you change those things.