User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Microsoft Edge [W10 anniversary update] make the keyboard controls weird

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Microsoft Edge [W10 anniversary update] make the keyboard controls weird

All is in the title, since the Win 10 anniversary update, my game on MS Edge is unplayable with the keyboard as it detect the keys when it wants. The problem happens also with the UWP exporter while testing in VS or in Win10 directly. I guess it use MS Edge to play the HTML5 content...

No problem on Firefox.

You can try it here : http://www.dobermann-software.com/debug/html5/keyboard/
    You will see on EDGE that sometimes the app doesn't detect you released the key, and sometimes it doesn't detect you pressed it....

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nobody have this problem?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleFirefly 3D Module
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I checked it out, seems to work fine for me.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you have the Anniversary update installed ?

For me, i can see "space pressed" and the i release it it stay in pressed state before to change to "released" a long time after...

I've just reinitialized my Win10 and the problem is still here... Seem to have an incompatibilty between keyboard interpretation and Egde after the Anniversary Update (it works fine on IE, Chrome and Firefox).

Tested on another computer that does not have the anniversary update and it works fine!

Clicker Fusion 2.5HTML5 Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea....... I noticed that this bug seems to occur in many different HTML5 games, not just ones made with Fusion. Oddly enough, if you move the mouse around, the key releases. Very strange....... I can't believe Microsoft released the anniversary update with a glitch like this.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Owww man... I was thinking an update of the module could solve the problem, but if it's to MS to solve it we can wait a long time...

Forum Moderator

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleMac Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lot's got changed in the new update... did you make SURE you selected the correct keyboard layout, since that question came up the 1st time after the reboot...
    Maybe selected the wrong one? (Wild guess here)

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't understand, what is the "correct keyboard layout"?

Forum Moderator

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleMac Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whatever you enter during an install for Windows.

US Keyboard layout or European Keyboard layout etc.. idk what type of keyboard you are using

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm using a french keyboard AZERTY, but what is the point between my keyboard and Edge that doesn't detect when you are pressing the space bar in a HTML5 app while all the other navigators do the job fine? I really don't get it sorry.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast