User Tag List

Thread: Help with moving platforms. (Using PMO)

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Help with moving platforms. (Using PMO)

Hello. I am following the tutorial here: http://community.clickteam.com/threads/79240-Platform-Movement-Object-(PMO)-base-engine for moving platforms. I have the ones that move on the X axis, but how would I make it move on the Y axis. Let me rephrase, I did get it to move up and down, but my character goes right through it. Any help is appreciated! Thanks.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I made a PMO example for horizontal+vertical moving platforms here - http://community.clickteam.com/threads/94567-Kid-Icarus-Style-Game?highlight=kid+icarus

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I followed your example, but my character disappears now, when I go in game.
    Edit: It only seems to work when you have both platform types in 1 level. How can I only have the Y Pos platform by itself? Edit 2: I just realized you made "Area 52" for the game jam. I love that game. (I placed like 33rd or 32nd. )

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    haha thanks glad you liked it!

Not sure what you mean, but maybe this trimmed down version will be easier for you to implement.
    Attached files Attached files

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, DaveC was faster. I also used his Kid Icarus example month ago to create moving platforms.
    (I didn't check your new example DaveC but I guess my example use the same trimmed down code).

example2_DaveC_movingplatforms_PMO.mfa

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys. I got it working!
    Edit: Found a slight problem. My character "shakes" back and forth while on the platform.
    Edit 2: I found out that it is a problem with the scrolling. I did set window position at 0,0 relative to my character. But in turn, it makes him shake on the platform...
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/gb...tform_Test.mfa

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This has probably something to do with the order of your events. Especially if you use fastloops a bad order causes problems.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think I have any fast loops except the code that Dave had in his example. I have it set to Always set center of screen to 0,0 relative to Player.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Easy fix - make sure the camera/scrolling events happen after you are moving the player on the moving platform - see attached:
    Attached files Attached files

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks so much!